Agnostic.com

11 4

An answer to those of us questioning the recent picture of tRumpty Dumpty with all his ‘faithful’ followers.

[patheos.com]

My late partner had a large Thomas Kincade and it hung on our wall for a few years. Then we made a trip to a local tourist town, Paulsbo, and went into a Thomas Kincade showroom. We found out about his paintings and that picture was immediately removed from our wall and donated to Goodwill.

JackPedigo 9 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Reminds me of the stuff Bob Ross used to teach people on TV back in the 80's, just seen through a fuzzy lens. At least Bob Ross had a reputation for being a kind person.

Happy little trees

Sick fuck

M ex- in-laws loved Kinkaide’s art. It reminds me of someone’s version of a well-lit heavenly afterlife. Not my taste. Once he got super trendy, he apparently had a factory of people creating his “original” work.

UUNJ Level 8 Aug 1, 2020

I don't know I rather like some of his paintings. I don't give a hoot about him being religious but find some of his painting colorful and happy. It's the same as if I was to be sick and needed a specific medicine but the person who "invented" that medicine was a religious nutter, now I certainly would not take that medicine on account of his/hers convictions.

Sommetimes people have to make a decision one way or another. I personally will not support a religious system in any way.

Yeah, the ‘painter of light’. My mother loved him; had everything from nightlights to afghans. Ick.
And Xtians say that WE ‘push our beliefs’ onto them.

That's so typical of Xstians, feeling persecuted by nonbelievers pressuring them with their nonbelief. 😀

There are some funny parodies.

[shawnmcnulty.com]

The art piece this is about....oooffff.

It's gross, really. Truly the individual has talent, is hard to paint like that, despite some imperfections. But the content is so stomach churning. Like, he could have chosen to paint ANYTHING, and THIS is what he picked... vomit.

You didn't say why? The "painter of light" was a very boring painter. Everything shone--- even grey, soft, dusty coal. I think I was in one of his showrooms 30 years ago.

blech.....

Would you be able to share with us what you found out?

Kincade used his work to promote Christianity. In a Wikipedia link I shared it said he gave each of his 4 kids the middle name of christian. There are other links here from other members.

@JackPedigo Thank you, I did find this out earlier, but had not realized how extreme, the Christian influence, was in those paintings. I didn't particularly like his stuff.

What did you find out about Kinkade that made you remove his work from your home?
I've been looking online, and haven't found anything.
What am I missing??

I would bet that the museum strongly promotes Evangelical Christianity.

@creative51 I don't pretend to be any kind of connoisseur. I know who some artists are, and I know what I like when I see it. Beyond that, I don't make any judgments about good vs. bad.
I think it's all pretty subjective.
That said, the Kinkade stuff isn't a particular favorite. I wouldn't put it on my walls.

Thomas Kincade used his art to promote Christianity. All the money in the studio we went to went to the 'mission.' [en.wikipedia.org]

@JackPedigo Ugh

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.