Agnostic.com

7 12

LINK U.S. Missionary Settles Suit Over Child Deaths At Her Treatment Center In Uganda : Goats and Soda : NPR

I realize that for the families involved this may be a win, but I am of a mind that this woman should be locked away for a long long time. Preferably in a Ugandan prison.

Amzungu 8 Aug 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. The story does not say and I wonder: Would these children have had access to health provider or were they indigent and would have died without care anyway? If no care would have been available to them, would it have been better for them to just die without anyone trying?

2. Also, what about this part of the report: stating that while she did at times perform some procedures "without a medical professional standing right next to me ... it was always under the request and direction of a medical professional."

3. It strikes me that the organization funding lawsuits has a racist title (No White Saviors).

Imagine that. A US Missionary with no medical training running a center to treat Ugandan children. Make you a bet this happens more often than we know.

I am not taking that bet. I am sure you're right.

@Amzungu Also keep in mind that I am not supporting the so called Missionary. 🙂

@DenoPenno I only meant I agree with you, so I wouldn't bet against you on that one. These people make me see red. I've done a bit of volunteer work in Kenya at a legit medical clinic, not a mission ran one, a local ran one. Every time someone is like "Oh, you do mission work?" My response is 'hell no!'

Honesty would prefer they put her in a Ugandan grave.

I agree. She should have been put into an Ugandan jail.

Agreed. These people make me see red.

Evil witch belongs in jail

Agreed.

sounds about right.

Barbaric!! This woman should be tried for murder, in that country!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.