Agnostic.com

10 8

John Pilger reveals more warmongering US propaganda he believes will lead to nuclear bombing of China

‘I write this as a warning to the world,’ reported Burchett in the London Daily Express of 5 September 1945. Sitting in the rubble with his Baby Hermes typewriter, he described hospital wards filled with people with no visible injuries who were dying from what he called ‘an atomic plague’.

For this, his press accreditation was withdrawn, he was pilloried and smeared. His witness to the truth was never forgiven.

The atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was an act of premeditated mass murder that unleashed a weapon of intrinsic criminality. It was justified by lies that form the bedrock of America's war propaganda in the 21st Century, casting a new enemy and target — China.

The National Archives in Washington contains documented Japanese peace overtures as early as 1943. None was pursued. A cable sent on 5 May 1945 by the German ambassador in Tokyo and intercepted by the U.S. made clear the Japanese were desperate to sue for peace, including ‘capitulation even if the terms were hard’. Nothing was done.

The U.S. Secretary of War, Henry Stimson, told President Harry Truman he was fearful that the U.S. Air Force would have Japan so “bombed out” that the new weapon would not be able “to show its strength”. Stimson later admitted that “no effort was made, and none was seriously considered, to achieve surrender merely in order not to have to use the bomb”.
John Pilger IndependentAustralia.net

[independentaustralia.net]

FrayedBear 9 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I doubt that the US will nuke china. China has it's own nukes, and would use them on the US.

And a lot besides. It didn't stop them in 1962. See below Archipov item.

Truman wanted to drop the second bomb on Tokyo an was only talk out of it by a group of his advisors who convinced him Nagasaki was a better target. He was so arrogant and ignorant he believed them and ordered the second attack to change targets.
It was as if Hitler had been talked out of bombing Coventry in favour of Scunthorpe as being of more strategic and political importance.
That Lie saved millions of lives and irreparable cultural damage, while requiring the sacrifice of thousands of lives and livelihoods.
IN truth there was no need for a second attack at all, the emperor has already sued for peace but Harry had paid for another bomb and he was damned if he was not going to use it.

I hadn't heard that before. Interesting I had an in-law uncle who because he escaped from Changi was transferred to work the Nagasaki coal mine and was there when the bomb went off. He went blind because of the inadequate diet. He was a lovely guy but you couldn't mention anything Japanese in his hearing.

@Green_Chile_Type
Four cities were the potential target, Tokyo was removed as it had already been firebombed and Truman wanted an undamaged city, to demonstrate his destructive power, Kyoto was personally forbidden by Truman as he and his wife had visited the city on their honeymoon and Mrs Truman objected, Kokura was then the chosen target but Truman was persuaded to send a last minute order to change to the port of Nagasaki under (false) the impression that the port was being used as an arsenal, which was ironic as Kokura did have an enormous weapons cache inside of the city.
As for peace overtures, the first was made in 1943 by the Japanese once it became clear that the USSR would attack Japan after the defeat of the Germans. Hirohito incorrectly thought his people would face far less retribution from the Allies than he would from the soviets, having already been informed by the German ambassador to Japan that with the entry of the Russians in to the war on the allied side Hitler was finished, as his insistence on fighting a war on two fronts was utter folly.
BY 1945 Japan was begging for peace, had already signed away their empire and offered unconditional surrender, but Truman wanted a show of strength, that would have the whole world terrified of the USA, and so ignored the Japanese until after August 9th bombing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but...I understand not wanting to keep the thing in a closet and the air burst / ground burst test,and Tokyo as the main target however weather over Tokyo was not as good as Nagasaki which was the secondary target. The decision being the crew's because of visibility! There was no GPS or laser guided anything. Radio silence, and fuel also entered into the picture. I believe the Norton bomb sight was used but the ground HAD to be visible.

@LenHazell53 there was actually a list with several other targets worldwide. Russia having a few on it.

See: "attack" link in this paragraph of this article --- {There was talk in the Pentagon and President Truman’s war room of taking advantage of America’s monopoly on nuclear weapons to attack the USSR and make sure it could never develop a bomb. In fact, there was talk of using atom bombs to destroy Russia as an industrial nation.} [rt.com]

@girlwithsmiles has kindly supplied me with information on a Russian Admiral Archipov who despite being subjected US Navy depth charging the submarine that he was in prevented nuclear war in 1962.
And those claiming Pilger a senile wolf crier dispute the evidence held in American archives! What wonderful denial.
From [en.m.wikipedia.org]

"In recognition of his actions onboard B-59, Arkhipov received the first "Future of Life Award," which was presented posthumously to his family in 2017.[22] Offered by the Future of Life Institute, this award recognizes exceptional measures, often performed despite personal risk and without obvious reward, to safeguard the collective future of humanity."

[pbs.org]

Aren't you grateful that Communist Russian has given you an additional 58 years of life?

No of course you aren't you want it to happen again and are in denial.

I honestly hope not. If the US bombs China we will all perish.

How true! Radioactive fallout has no borders!

@Paganlyl There is a great book by Nevile Shute about it. It was made into a film with Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner and other famous face. Old black and white. I recommend it to everybody to watch, especially the ones who want to bomb China, Iran and other places.

America, coming to save the muthafuckin day yeah!

Murica'.

You cannot unsee Team America!

@girlwithsmiles Everyone has AIDS!

John Pilger is a professional complainer who is now senile, his days of crying wolf are long gone, no credibility any longer after his continuous bashing of Britain, where he has lived many years, of America and of his own country Australia.

A complainer or one with spinal fortitude to reveal the truth of other's particularly heinous behaviours?

@FrayedBear a professional complainer who makes money by bitching about everything that he chooses to attack from his own country, his adopted country and the USA too. It's so easy to pretend you have "spinal fortitude" when you make money by bitching and crying wolf of things past because the past can't be changed. His "premonitions" on repeating heinous history are ridiculous and bogus.

Would America advertently launch a pre-emptive strike against China?

See the Archipov reply above.

The hidden news, is always the real news. And I need to read more.

I admire John Pilger but I think he is off the mark with this .
The US war machine needs an enemy to justify it's existance and I think China will take over from the USA as world leader but it will be done economically rather the militarily

Probably!

Which is typical. Aside from the nuclear part.

SCal Level 7 Aug 6, 2020

US typical or John Pilger typical?

@FrayedBear The US, clearly.

The US was itching to test the new found tech and went outbof it's way to do so.

They guinea pigged those people like they have done many times over before and since. Just another US crime against humanity.

Nothing to see here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521980
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.