Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Americans amazed by fancy new Australian technique called ‘Journalism’ | The Shovel

Australia finally teaches America something -- journalism. Asking real questions, calling out factual errors. Etc

May we hope that all those overpaid underwhelming alleged mainstream journalists who yap on everyday on American television might take a leaf and follow suit.

David1955 8 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

David I found thiis interview between Radio National and Jonathan interesting. [abc.net.au]

For anyone else out there, Australia's ABC tv and in this case radio station is as independent as journalism can get as it is government funded and has no advertisements. We do currently have a right wing government but Australia's ABC is supposedly independent.

Yes, but the right wing have worn down the effectiveness of ABC news and current affairs, in my view, with attacks and funding cuts. I barely if ever watch the ABC now, sad to say. The right are the same everywhere: elections skewed to favour them; right wing corporate media supporting them and their agenda, and blunted independent media, especially public media. Australian interviewing journalists used to be much more assertive than Swann. But in the US tamed corporate media he seemed quite forthright, and it was a surprise to many there. US journalists are quite toothless, it seems to me.

@David1955 Yes I totally agree with you in regards to the ABC but it is still better than anything the US has in the way of public tv. I have seen some rather right wing bias of late from the ABC interviewing styles. ie going easy on Lib party representatives. I guess since they're hanging on to their jobs by a thread they are trying to appease the incumbent party.

@MsDemeanour Yep, that's how it works. Psychological conditioning, fear, intimidation leading to submission. The Libs would sell the ABC tomorrow if they could, and Murdoch would love it.

Good lesson

Chris Wallace also did a good job surprisingly. I think they both caught Trump off guard.

. . . sooo, this link criticising journalism, you got this from FACEBOOK ? LOL

It's the sentiment that counts.

@David1955 You posted SATIRE, from FACEBOOK, in the News & Links group, and you want the 'sentiment' to count ????? really?

. . . fool me twice . . . 😛

@FearlessFly I understand you wanting to seek unbiased reporting. I'm keen on it myself. See if you can find the original interview FF. I found it mind blowing that he didn't seem to grasp the concept 'per capita'.

@MsDemeanour It was posted, I watched it. THIS "source" is satire. 😮

When I 1st saw the clip I did not realize he was an Australian journalist, well done!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.