Agnostic.com

6 10

LINK Americans Oppose Religious Exemptions From Coronavirus-Related Restrictions | Pew Research Center

I'm surprised this number is as high as 79% but pleasantly so. Of course the way that America works the ruling elite in many States will continue to pander 100% to that 21% and endanger the rest of us because of it. I'm glad that California at least is mostly avoiding exemptions (last I checked) and courts are upholding restrictions on religious congregation.

Maybe the 79% is a better tell of the American sentiment regarding religion as told by traditional polls. After all if someone says "I'm religious" and then you give them a choice which would endanger them because of their religion and they decline it - maybe they have just indicated they aren't that religious after all?

At best they are making a choice towards personal religious freedom and not group religion. If they back restrictions on religious practices but still claim to be religious then I think they are probably head an shoulders above your average Bible thumping "Christian".

prometheus 7 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is bad enough we pay the religious their share of taxes working people are fed up with idiot religionS spreading diseases and raping children

Just remember religious sects want everyone dead they are all waiting for some sort of massive rapture!!!

Wow, 80%'s kinda low. That means there's 20% in the population who would put everyone's life at risk...just to carry out a ritual...

Actually I know someone going to church every Sunday, but the congregation is...10 people. It's mostly his family, his dad is the pastor!

I don't put alot of stock in polls or surveys to be honest. Ive seen them easily manipulated to the desired outcome to many times when politics are involved. But I do hope this one isn't manipulated.

As Lewis Black once said "The Republicans have one set of facts. The Democrats have another set of facts. I want some fact facts."

The anti restriction crowd in a Venn diagram with Trumperism would pretty much be one circle.
They are and always have been a vile minority of obsessive loudmouth bullies and racist.
They just make so much noise people think they're the majority.

TrumpOLINI drinks wormwood tea every morning to fight off the virus wormwood is a cure from the bible one of the few facts in the insane hundreds of pages of lies violent abortions rape of virgins murder of everyone else

They shouldn't be exempt from any laws, any restrictions, or taxes. It is beyond stupid to exempt someone of anything based on their belief when no one can prove what they really believe or don't believe. I wish this country would grow up.

Tax-exempt charities have to give an accounting of their finances.
But not religious groups.
They can hide behind religion.

You forgot: America - stupid is stupid does.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.