Agnostic.com

3 3

Some bad jokes about the French. Sorry Francophiles, but a bad news story about French and their pets ticked me off. So, for others, enjoy or groan.

How do you sink an American battleship?
Have the French build it

So two cats, one English (named “One Two Three Cat&rdquo😉 and one French (named Un Deux Trois Cat" ), are walking through a forest and come across a river. To have a little fun, they decide to have a race across the river. One Two Three Cat swam across, and when he finished the race, he looked behind him. Un Deux Trois Cat was nowhere to be seen. So One Two Three Cat figured that Un Deux Trois Cat sank.

The train was quite crowded and a U. S. Marine walked the entire length looking for a seat. There seemed to be one next to a well-dressed French woman, but when he got there, he saw it was taken by the woman's poodle. The war-weary Marine asked, "Ma'am, may I have that seat?"
The French woman sniffed and said to no one in particular, "Americans are so rude. My little Fifi is using that seat."
The Marine walked the entire train again, but the only seat available was under that dog. "Please, ma'am. May I sit down? I'm very tired."
She snorted, "Not only are you Americans rude, you are also arrogant!"
This time the Marine didn't say a word; he just picked up the little dog, tossed it out the train window and sat down.
The woman shrieked, "Someone defend me! Put this American in his place!"
An English gentleman sitting nearby spoke up. "Sir, you Americans seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You hold the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, sir, you seem to have thrown the wrong bitch out the window.

Beowulfsfriend 9 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Je suis désolé d'avoir lu ça.

JimG Level 8 Aug 9, 2020

I don't think I want to ask because if they don't treat their pets like family their names are merde with me.

I posted the article elsewhere.

I think I'm missing something on the Un Deux Trois Cat joke.

The number five in French is similar to the sound sank

@Beowulfsfriend I searched for an answer. "Four" and "five" in French sound like "cat" and "sank," respectively.

I inserted some periods for separation to the French translation. Google can synthesize the spoken French.

[translate.google.com]

@bingst Yes the cat sank..... terrible.... The sort of thing we would have told in French class....

@bingst yes it took me a bit to catch on to that.. especially the "4" and cat..

@AmmaRE007 It's pretty obvious when you play the translation I posted.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522846
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.