Agnostic.com

10 2

Isn't Heaven evil when you really think about it?

Of course it may sound nice, but when you really get to think about it, it really sounds cruel. One fraction of people are living an afterlife of bliss while another fraction of people are going to be living in a constant hell where they will be tortured with demons and the lake of fire. Plus, I don't know if I'd just want to live forever lol. I'd want to just cease to exist at some point. And I also think it would probably get bored in heaven. I can't stand holy music. What's your take on this?

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heaven is what you want it to be. I'm a Patriots fan, so I've been in heaven a lot. 🙂

godef Level 7 Nov 29, 2017

it's definitely full when you think about it. 25 billion humans alone let alone all the animals

You have a point.

Heaven to me would be an open bar with all the best whiskey from the top shelf always free of charge, great food, even better friends, amazing sex and waking up next to the girl of my dreams every morning, and all the greatest bands and musicians from throughout history on stage every single night.

Oh.... and living by the ocean with a good dog who never grows old or dies and at my side.

That depends. Do I want an orgasm to last forever? Praising someone eternally? Do you know how long that is? I always say with a tinge of malice that I am not afraid to burn in hell. Some friends are shocked, but some (as I remind them often) find renewed strength and hope in the knowledge that someone (me) is worse than them and that they have a shot at heaven. See, I can make people happy!

Gospel music on all the radio stations, sermons every 45 minutes, and you get to kneel at the feet of the trinity. Forever is too short a time.

Let me see...an eternity of brainless, emotionless, servitude--no thank you!

I remember a Jehova's Witness friend of my Grandmother telling me about heaven when I was about 12. I asked her "wouldn't it get boring?"

Back then it sounded pretty awful. Now it sounds silly.

Faith in God not holy book religions. Some evolution was guided by god for positive reasons

Yes, the idea of heaven has some built-in contradictions. But, as heaven does not exist, really don't care about that. Incidentally, Mark Twain once said, "heaven is said to be a place where people are constantly being good and striving to be even better. If that ain't hell, I don't know what is."

I don't think about it a lot at this point. i have tried to move on from this mythology

I agree! The thought only came up cause a family relative asked me what did I think of the place. I'm to the point I don't even worry about heaven and hell anymore.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5232
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.