Agnostic.com

33 7

What's the worst piece of advice someone has given you?

I once came to a high school counselor really upset because I had received a high B in my AP Calculus class for the first semester (it was a two semester long course). I told her how upset I was because I thought I'd fail if I had to take another semester (this was my first B ever in a math course), she agreed with me that I would probably fail and recommended I drop the class.
I wish she would have reassured me that I would have been fine. I had to take calculus again a couple years later for my degree because I didn't get credit for it back in high school since I dropped the course.

Mea 7 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The worse piece of advice I ever got was “Don’t take advice”.

Don't become a journalist. You're not pushy enough.

An insurance agent told me to pray my depression away after an accident. Not in those words necessarily, but that was the basic gist, haha.

"Trust in the lord."

Be a good christian.

Don't worry you will be alright.

Wow. Someone, a resident at my old place and is one here, told me weed smoking would be fun. I came home high, the next day I got my 30 Days Notice for eviction. I ended up staying by going to a drug rehab. I've not smoked since. He now has many on the list for being warned or evicted here. He's in the room next to me. He reeks of weed and it's against the rules to have it here. His room smells like weed. Yet, he hides it well. No one has caught it on him to evict him. Idiot!

I don't have an issue with people doing what makes them happy, but I do think it is wrong for someone to pressure another person into doing something. Especially when that something has the potential to get them in trouble.

@Mea I get paranoid on marijuana. Now, every time I smell it coming out of his room, I let someone know. He needs to learn a lesson. He's on his last warning for smoking in his room. He has to he found with it on him to be evicted.

I think it was "No" for sure, I think.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.