Agnostic.com

33 7

What's the worst piece of advice someone has given you?

I once came to a high school counselor really upset because I had received a high B in my AP Calculus class for the first semester (it was a two semester long course). I told her how upset I was because I thought I'd fail if I had to take another semester (this was my first B ever in a math course), she agreed with me that I would probably fail and recommended I drop the class.
I wish she would have reassured me that I would have been fine. I had to take calculus again a couple years later for my degree because I didn't get credit for it back in high school since I dropped the course.

Mea 7 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trust in the Lord!

"Wait on God." - It's a very passive outlook and if I did, or when I did, nothing would get accomplished.

When i was 19 and had recently become a Christian i met a girl, began dating her and likewise over time came to love her. Because i was sleeping with her the Christian(s) that had influenced my thinking to the point of conversion all advised me "get out of the relationship" as a matter of prioritizing my spiritual life...

Well there was my botched eye surgery last year. Beyond that, this virtual page is not long enough.

Dont worry Trump gonna MAGA.

"You should marry that girl."

JimG Level 8 Apr 8, 2018

Brush your teeth and everything else will take care of itself.

Pray about it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.