Agnostic.com

11 1

AUGUST 17, 2020

Kamala Harris Represents Everything Wrong with Empty Identity Politics

by PETER BOLTON

"Joe Biden’s pick of Kamala Harris as his running mate will surely satisfy Democratic Party insiders who were hoping for him to balance the ticket. As a woman of color, Harris kills two birds with one stone by ticking both the gender and race boxes. But the prospect of her becoming vice president is nothing to look forward to. She’s overwhelmingly spent her career, both before and after entering politics, fighting for reactionary policies that completely obliterate the credibility of her claim to be any kind of progressive.

But there’s something deeper going on here. Because Harris represents not just the center-right policy positions of the Democratic establishment. She is also an illustrative example of the kind of empty, tokenistic brand of identity politics that this establishment uses to give its major figures political cover."

[counterpunch.org]

WilliamCharles 8 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glob, I hate that. @LovinLarge was getting schooled on POS Biden after calling me a liar, and she chose to bail thereby having my replies to her pointing out where she was in error all disappear.

It's OK to be wrong. Happens to all of us at one time or another. Just don't be a goddamn coward and hypcrite about it, Large.

Seems to have happened with another poster that bailed. I need to learn my lesson and tag them in a new comment and not a reply, because if it's a reply, when they delete their own posts, mine disappear too.

Screw you, you feckless cowardly bastards! Run with your tail between your legs!!

Gutless gobshites.

As I expected, a thread developed over hours and many posts by you all nothing but more complaining, not a single practical solution or even an alternate plan. What a god damn waste of oxygen. Biden probably accomplishes more in a year than you have in your entire life because you still haven't figured out that change is incremental. You can't have your own way so you won't even acknowledge that Biden and the Democratic platform are significantly more progressive than the Republican alternative. Pathetic.

@Fred_Snerd Not you. You don't just complain, you have ideas, you produce. Solutions should accompany complaints or there's no utility.

Hell has no fury like an idealist scorned.

Why, just short of their dotage, are they still idealists?

@yvilletom You know and I know and they know that it doesn't work in politics or elsewhere. I guess they are slow learners.

@yvilletom, @Fred_Snerd And yet they're not too shy, ashamed or frightened to complain!

"There is nothing pragmatic about an incremental solution to a catastrophic problem."

~ Ron Placone

@LovinLarge - Biden accomplishes shit I don't want accomplished! He's a warmongering Zionist corporate tool. Fvck that.

Silence = Assent

Fluff that corrupt doddering fool all you want. No way you'll put a shine on that turd.

@WilliamCharles Ah, more complaining, like a broken record.

If he accomplishes things you don't want accomplushed, what have you done to counteract those things because complaining doesn't count for shit.

Biden is a lawyer, 7 term senator and VP. Let's hear your credentials.

@LovinLarge

Biden lied about his credentials (you're aware of that, right?). I'm just some schmoe... but I fought against the killing of innocent Iraqis. POS Joe had no problem enthusiastically advocating for their slaughter based on lies he likely knew were lies. Conservative estimate is somewhere in the neighborhood of one million innocent Iraqis were killed. That's a fvcking war crime... and goddamn worthless POS Zionist douchebag Joe "somebody please tell me where I am" Biden played a pivotal role in that.

#FCKBDN

And fvck all you clueless Biden fluffers. A million goddamn people! Think of your pain if a million of your fellow country members, neighbors, family, and friends were murdered based on US lies. And if it doesn't bother you, you may need to check your moral compass. It’s probably broken.

@WilliamCharles Produce the evidence to support your factual allegations or I won't even consider them. Sheesh.

@LovinLarge - specifically, what of my assertions are you contesting?

@WilliamCharles Your assertions would have to be suppported by evidence in order for there to be any reason for me to acknowledge or contest them. This is the game cons usually play, I'm starting to smell a rat.

@LovinLarge

OK... since you seem to want to be willfully obtuse, let's start with Joe's academic credentials, shall we?

"The presidential candidate bragged about graduating in the top half of his class at law school. He was 76th in a class of 85.

He later apologized for misrepresenting his record. Here’s the New York Times report published soon after the incident.

In his statement today, Mr. Biden, who attended the Syracuse College of Law and graduated 76th in a class of 85, acknowledged: “I did not graduate in the top half of my class at law school and my recollection of this was inacurate.”

As for receiving three degrees, Mr. Biden said: “I graduated from the University of Delaware with a double major in history and political science. My reference to degrees at the Claremont event was intended to refer to these majors – I said ‘three’ and should have said ‘two.'” Mr. Biden received a single B.A. in history and political science.

@WilliamCharles I'm obtuse because you refuse to support your factual allegations with evidence. Whatever you say, Einstein. Blocked.

@WilliamCharles

And who besides Ron Placone sees every every problem as catastrophic?

Idealists, probably because their post traumatic stress blinded them to realism.

Bernie lost in the primaries, didn't he ?

Of course the DNC and RNC are two sides of the ruling class coin!

Of course they would rather lose to each other than to any third party.

Who can closely watch Congress very long and doubt it?

If you’re compulsive you can read James Madison’s notes of the 1787 Federal Convention, especially in Volume One the delegates’ views on democracy.

Biden fluffers be like...

"Whatever you do, don't stare at my cousin Strawberry's birthmark."

Identity politics is bullshit and a distraction away from the much more important issues of whose side pols are on in the class war, climate change, war and peace with the rest of the world and whether government serves the 99% and workers or instead serves only billionaires and corporations. I am proud to say I have never fallen for identity politics and always voted based on a candidate's policy stances and whether their record matched their rhetoric. O

You're destroying democracy!!! xD

DNC apologists for their tone-deaf platform are like...

Actually, they are 180 degrees opposite that.
Just saying it doesn't make it true.

@AtheistInNC - What happened to our other exchanges, AINC? They seem to have disappeared.

@AtheistInNC - Btw, a former tanker runs the Balloon Juice blog. They love fluffing corporate Dems there. Give them a look-see.

www.balloon-juice.com

Biden fluffers are like...

I hate that Miss Farmer, she's such a fucking bitch

Indeed we are.

@WilliamCharles What if anything will satisfy you?

For Addled Basement Joe to step down and for the convention delegates to nominate Bernie. Trump would be CRUSHED. Joe might not make it through the campaign season. He also might lose to Dolt 45. A "safe" choice he is not.

Harris is like his nursing home assistant whose hair he can sniff, and will get the whole enchilada once he can no longer function.

@WilliamCharles
Politics was compared to taking a bus in the city. No, the bus will not take you to your final destination exactly - you have to find the one that gets you as close as possible.

Bernie and Biden certainly have SOME differences. However Biden is so much closer to what this country needs than Trump, that denigrating him because YOUR FAVORITE candidate didn't make it is stupid.

Yes, STUPID.

@WilliamCharles Complain, complain, complain. Is that all you know how to do?

@AtheistInNC - to validate the DNC's ratfvcking is stupid.

And the worst ratfvckers are those denying the ratfvcking taking place.

Joe Biden was deemed the "safe" choice, hence their rationale for their ratfvcking.

Their choices dismissing sensible progressive policy positions on their platform sends the message they don't need progressive votes. They are in the pocket of their corporate donors.

Bernie ran a highly successful campaign without corporate PAC money. It is not acknowledged enough how unprecedented this is for a major party run. And because of this, the corporate interests had to crush him lest they lose their power over the politicians they fund (buy, actually).

In your analogy, your bus may get you closer to your destination, but if it's going over a cliff on the way there, the point is moot.

Biden is a thoroughly shitty candidate. The only reason he has any chance at all is because Trump is such a train wreck. The fact that this POS is who the DNC bought with their endorsements should tell you something.

He can be bought. His track record establishes that beyond any doubt. The failure of the Obama administration sowed the seeds for Trump. A Biden administration will sow the seeds for a worse Trump in 2024.

Basement Joe has got to go.

@yvilletom - all Biden fluffers seem to be able to do is vote shame.

Put in the work Bernie's team did if you want your guy to win. Phone bank, canvas, donate... spread the word far and wide why Biden will be a great choice as president of the US of A.

And try to do it with something more than "Not Trump!" I think the clueless DNC is going to find a large percentage of people will stay home (which will hurt down ballot races) or vote third party.

Heckuva job, DNC.

Joe Biden is Hillary 2.0 but with cognitive decline.

@WilliamCharles As a person with whom to exchange views, you are useless. Block.

@WilliamCharles you seem preoccupied with "fluffers". Just sayin'.

The DNC is the only viable option at this moment. My take is arguing against Biden is arguing for Trump. That just is reality at this time. It SHOULD be different in an actual democracy, but America is not a pure democracy.

Plus, we have a better chance at change if we vote Biden into office; certainly more than with Trump. Why not use your vitriol and anger to get Biden into office, then ask for the changes that Bernie wanted? Do you think that Bernie will suddenly stop being Bernie when Biden steps into the White House? You can be one of the loud voices behind Bernie that makes Biden do Bernie things. If you want the changes you seem to, that would be the path to take.

@WilliamCharles President Harris ? Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it ?

If you're going to bitch all the god damn time, how about presenting some fucking solutions comrade?

I don't think you want his Solutions. he does have a knack for griping though.

@hankster I don't think he has any solutions, but if he does, this place would benefit from some transparency.

@LovinLarge thats a curious idea. what transparency would you like to see?

@hankster I will answer that question after my question from Friday is answered about whether admin has interacted with members incognito.

@LovinLarge ok.

@LovinLarge admin already answered you..

@Cutiebeauty No, he didn't.

@LovinLarge yes , he did.. Incognito.. 🙂

@Cutiebeauty The only person who answered me was you. Are you Admin?

@LovinLarge I am me.. Is that not enough?

@Cutiebeauty Have you interacted with members of this website as Admin?

@Cutiebeauty Not answering will be as informative as answering so suit yourself, but your comments here are not consistent with that "article" so I think you are a decoy. So much for transparency.

@LovinLarge I'm not admin.. I was just having a little fun with you.. I hope I didn't offend you..

@Cutiebeauty I believe in the truth above all else, in all circumstances. Once someone knowingly says something that isn't true, it brings their credibility into question in all future interactions. We each have to make our own decisions about the significance of that.

@LovinLarge i hear you loud and clear. I will no longer joke with you.

@TheInterlooper Thank you. Would you be comfortable sharing more information about this?

@TheInterlooper He proclaimed this a safe website and then interacted with members incognito to produce derogatory material for another website. That really something you want to protect?

are you wanting trump to win this election?

He posts Russian disinformation. Counterpunch, RT, I called him on it once and he defended Putin. Aggressively. So the answer to your question is. Yes.

@barjoe just wanted to know for sure. thanks.

@barjoe - I applauded Putin for resisting the ratfvckery the US was committing against Venezuela and Iran iirc.

Here's some Putin analysis I find interesting.

[warontherocks.com]

@hankster - The DNC's puppetmasters don't care who wins between Basement Joe and the Mango Manchild because they still come out on top either way.

Biden's mission... his entire reason for being, was to kneecap Bernie. No one was clamoring for Joe. His campaign was dead in the water to the point even his corporate donations were drying up till the DNC reanimated his lifeless zombie corpse as they bought him numerous endorsements to drag him across the finish line.

#FCKBDN

@WilliamCharles again, do you want trump to win the election?

nevermind. you can holler all you want. but the dnc ain't gonna run Bernie. I wish they would but they ain't. Joe step down they would just pick some other puppet.

@hankster - my wants (my vote certainly... I'm in CA) will have absolutely no bearing on the election. The people that knew Biden was crap before the nomination still know it now. The battleground states will likely be underwhelmed by "Not Trump!" and "Settle for Biden." Many people will stay home. It's his to lose and he's still hiding in his basement. Not a single presser with questions. Funny that, innit?

@WilliamCharles my vote won't matter either. Tennessee is pretty red. but I will go vote. most people have made up their minds already. joe ain't really the problem is it? I see the problem as the political parties answering to the money. any remedy for a current situation is not going to happen this time around. as much as biden is a bore, it's what we have. its still better than Trump by miles. I don't reckon what we post here makes any difference, but deriding Joe ain't going to help. my 2 cents peace.

@hankster

There was a candidate who didn't accept any corporate PAC $$$... and subsequently the corporate PACs had to destroy him.

I will not enable their perfidy... ever.

@WilliamCharles of course. rigjt now i feel its imperative to rid ourselves of trump. once this election is over, it would be nice to see a candidate Like Bernie, maybe AOC, give it a good run on a ticket that is not the dnc. splitting the vote is a huge Danger but to expect the DNC to put forward a candidate that is not in their self interest is a false expectation I feel. peace.

@hankster - if their interests cease to be for the electorate they claim to represent, then any appeal they make for themselves is on a fraudulent basis.

Of course their deathgrip on the reins of power within the party is exactly what is killing it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.