Agnostic.com

43 10

Do you go by the amount of positive reviews when you make a purchase online?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read the negative reviews to see the severity of them. If it's not that bad then I proceed

Sometimes I buy without reviewing first.

Yes for sure I do

No I go by people I know who have use the product and then depending on pproduct I research it for myself.

Yes definitely it’s a tool I use all the time! ?

It's a factor, but I am a realist and know sometimes reviews are paid, or bogus. I often read the reviews and don't just go by the rating score.

I take both positive and negative into consideration.

Positive reviews are an important part of my decision making. To be honest however, negative reviews have a greater influence on me. If someone clearly and specifically offers evidence that a product or service was lousy for them, they get my attention.

No

I don't for products but, I do for services. I company I hire must have nothing but, excellent reviews.

I read the first five or six reviews to get the general gist of customer feelings, then skip further down and read a few of those.

...and the negative ones. Plus, I try to understand why the reviewer gave their review.

It factors in. But people like different things for different reasons

Not the positive reviews, I look at the negatives to see if a pattern emerges in the complaints and decide from there to check the positives.

I look at both. I'm never sure if the positive reviews are real and if they let a few negatives in to look authentic.

I do not.

I will look at a couple of the one and two star reviews, mostly to see if they have legitimate complaints (usually they don't)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52556
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.