Agnostic.com

8 3

I haven't posted anything in a while so I thought about my letter to the Catholic organization homeless shelter might have some topics for people to discuss here.

Back ground: I was homeless in New Orleans starting in January 2020. Jan. 15th I entered Ozanam Inn homeless shelter program as a crew worker. Crew workers work without pay at first then get a $15 per week stipend after a few weeks or so.

The Covid-19 shut the homeless shelter's out side feeding services and only the working crew members stayed and no over clients given a bed.

Many paid staff members got the Covid 19 and was away from work. I volunteered to help fill in as night manager if any of the night managers got sick.

To help keep Ozanam in open so at least the live-in crew members could still have a place to stay they allow me to work for a night manager that got quarantined.

Because of my strong work ethics I was hired to be full staff because one night manager quit.

In the process of going from homeless crew member to a paid staff man3they said I could still get housing assistance.

Today the fired me because I was "hanging out" with the crew members and because I had brought clothes in a suit case to wash with another night managers permission. (More detail could explain more but the firing was rediclious)

So here was my recent letter asking about housing assistance being as how now I am back under the bridge sleeping homeless and jobless.

Greetings,

Now that I am no longer Ozanam Inn employee, would you process housing or would I need to go through Unity or someone else?

As it seems you have lost interest in communication, I will first mention my assumption that It may of offended you at pointing out atheism illogical. It is not that I have tried offending you personally but will openly honestly state things of truth such as atheism being illogical.

Atheist, hypocritical Christian, or Christian ignorant of biblical rules and teachings?

Even as I find how according to what is written, Jesus is Angelic lord of host Lucifer the devil, I find it a shame how you treat Jesus as it is written according to what Jesus said, "what ever you have done to the least of these you have done unto me".

I understand the biblical premise of the Ozanam Inn mission statement comes from Matthew 25: 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

Do you not understand biblical rules and teaches?

I understand Ozanam Inn is doing much of these things as written but the way most staff treats Jesus client with such disrespect, derogatory evil authoritarian oppression and other such bad ways that I cannot believe you would be a true Christian truely intending on services to "the king of kings and the lord of lords".

I would hope you come to repentance for such bad treatment the staff does to Jesus because as written, Jesus is each client and each client is Jesus.

"IF" you have any judge day before Jesus I would hope you do not face hell fire for the way you treat Jesus client.

Otherwise, I would suggest if you are Atheist, hypocritical Christian or just an ignorant Christian that does not know bible rules and teachings you should remove yourself from any position working at Ozanam Inn which is a Christian based organization with its mission to properly serve Jesus Client.

Word 8 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dude, this hit me close to home, literally. You live in my neighborhood and I bet I've seen you before. It really sucks that you'd have to suck up or lie to an organization to get help. They should accept you as you are. It sounds like you've already talked to Unity of Greater New Orleans, I think they're secular?

2475 Canal Street, Suite 300 - 504-821-4496

Maybe you can focus on all the things you have to offer. You have talents and skills that could help you open the door to the next chapter in your life. You could create a resume, even if it's handwritten. It sounds like you're willing to work and that should count for something.

Good luck to you, stay cool and hydrated.

Thanks, I had another homeless person here tell me where they went to Unity. They are saying it is a different location than you show, but I can see about contacting. Thanks.

If ever passing by, stop by. Say hello. I might be 300 feet from National WWII museum. Otherwise, you don't look famuliar but perhaps we may of crossed paths.

Sorry for your misfortune and I hope your victim thinking change to a creative and great courage to fight for better opportunities for your life. I'm an agnostic-atheist and I'm good without Gods or any Jesus. I know how the Bible book rules work to cause emotional harm to humans. If you are looking for support, please don't come with your bitterness.
Best wishes for your human life.

Morning Fred, glad to hear you are safe and warm enough to post.

It is summer in new orleans, rather very warm all day

Well, your letter was clear enough to validate where you are right now, under the bridge homeless and jobless.

And why did you feel the need to post this on an agnostic site ? To the very best of my knowledge , this site has nothing to do with providing housing . We are not here to argue about what ever religion you chose to believe in or not .

sorry. too long

umm Not to be rude, but if your intention was to get housing, I would write a DIFFERENT letter. This letter comes across as a bait and switch. That you initially state you are inquiring about housing but your true intentions are to lecture them about their religion.

I would suggest either not sending this letter or writing ANOTHER letter where you just focus on the housing issue and all the details such as your landlord info or places you'd be interested in living or where you currently lived or previously were a shelter resident at. I guess this was a cathartic letter to write and send, but I worry it will not get you the housing results you claim to be seeking.

So much of the difference subjects are so closely tied together in my situation and with my over all frustration with the situation i just havent the thought or energy or what ever it takes to seperate the specific topics.

That last paragraph may have effectively cut you off from any aid! Good luck to you!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525871
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.