Agnostic.com

8 12

LINK Susan B. Anthony Museum Rejects President Trump's Pardon Of The Suffragist : NPR

From the article...

On Tuesday, President Trump officially pardoned leading suffragist Susan B. Anthony, who died in 1906. He noted she was arrested in 1872 for voting before it was legal for women to do so.

"She was never pardoned!" he exclaimed in a White House ceremony. "Did you know that she was never pardoned? What took so long?"

Well, it was partly that Anthony would not have wanted to be pardoned, according to some historians who've pointed out that the activist did not think she'd done anything wrong. Joining those voices is the executive director of the National Susan B. Anthony Museum and House in Rochester, N.Y.

snytiger6 9 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What I hear on this is that those in charge of her National Museum would not accept the pardon. Good for them and shame on Donald Trump.

Ah, ever the douchy troll. Hope, he doesn't get the covid...and recover.

Good for them, more shame for the turd!

He doesn't give a fuck about Susan. It's all a ploy to get females to vote for him and try trick them seeing him as not a sexist. We all here know better than that.

He's a moron who just doesn't "get it". I wonder if he thinks Biden will pardon him shortly when he's convicted? lol

Leelu Level 7 Aug 21, 2020

tRump is trying to score points with women voters.

Now that he's pardoned Susan he thinks women owe him their vote... what an idiot.
It's easy to be nice to dead people, he'd be chanting lock her up if she were leading a protest today.

Good point

I concur with the Museum. Trump and his antediluvian and misogynistic outlook would be antithetical to everything for which Anthony stood, plus she did nothing wrong!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526586
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.