Agnostic.com

66 2

What should I do when I get threaten with going to Hell?

Not that Hell scares me, but I really need to know what I can say to defend myself against these hateful, brainwashed people that if I don't believe like them, something bad is going to happen after I die. I won't follow their belief because I just don't believe it and their God is too damn petty for me and to even give it the time of the day. This is the only life I get as far as I know and it won't be wasted on a man made God, let alone a God who says the Jews are his chosen people.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

66 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Say "whatever" and walk away. You are not required to be the Jackass Whisperer.

that is a standout phrase

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Thanks

Threaten them with dragons.

im hungry who am i eating?

Heheh, I'll have to remember that one. That is funny!

I tell them it's o.k. with me as I will know more people there.

Nina Level 4 Dec 13, 2017

Haha! Yeah, that will throw them off kilter..

When ever I would move to a new place the JW's would eventually show up knocking on my door.

They never came back after I would tell them;

"The dark lord will punish me if he found out I was talking to you"

It worked every time...

Just remember, they believe in an invisible man in the sky. Then move on knowing that person just threatened you with a fairytale.

Tell them that hell is only for those who actually believe in hell. But really it's only a lie pushed by those wishing to control you.

SamL Level 7 Nov 26, 2017

Truth!!!

I tell them maybe they should practice forgiveness and love instead like that Jesus guy talked about.

I would respond that the only hell that exists is the senseless pain experienced on earth by cruel and thoughtless people -- and often by highly judgmental ultra-religious people.

Tell them (sarcastically) they are doing an excellent job of displaying the loving demeanor that Christ demanded of his followers, and thank them for being walking examples of the hypocrisy he preached against.

Ask them why they're not afraid of going to the hell of a different god than theirs.

Well you could say you don't belive in the tooth fairy,Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny either,its about the same level. Or how about quoting some of their own scrpiture right back at them as in who gave them the rioght to judge what deserves to go tp hell for...

"When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."
John 8.7

And

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

Matthew 7.1

yes

Tell them that you find it incredibly sad that they believe in such a cruel god.

I like to say, ‘If I am wrong, and I meet your god at Heaven’s gate, I will joyously announce my failure at disbelief and ask to be forgiven.’

Tell them you'll save a seat for them and walk away laughing.

Lol

Most of the religious people I have met have been a bunch of sneaky, two-faced, conniving, back-stabbers who are all going to heaven. I don't want to meet any of them again, so I think that going to hell would be a pleasure, at least I will be able to ride around on a Harley !!

Agreed. Riding a Harley would be hell....... 😉

Reply with... I'll see you there!

The last time I was told I would go to hell I told them that they would suffer forever in Tarturus for forsaking Zues and the Olympians

"Hell? Hell, Michigan? I passed through there once...kinda wish I hadn't"

Thank the person. All the fun people will be there 😉

Take your two index fingers and place them on the top of your forehead in the manner of horns, stick your tongue out like Gene Simmons from Kiss and make demonic hissing sounds like a demonicly possessed cat.

In the past, I've responded with " I don't believe heaven or hell exists - but if you do, well, pick one and have at it !"

The end.

You might want to point out that he'll was a 2nd century construct that was invented for the purpose of promoting political control and has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus (I assume the people threatening you with he'll are Christian).

say something like, "I would rather burn in hell the worship an entity that would subject billions of people to eternal torture for not worshipping them, if your religion is real, i will be a soldier on the front line of hells army in the fight for freedom. "

Tell them hell isn't real and only nothingness awaits us.

Mr_Dj Level 5 Nov 26, 2017

Tell the person, "I'll save you a seat..."

It depends what the situation is. You can just say "that's cool" "see you there" or just "ok" anyways, just keep in mind that you feel sorry for these people's misplaced belief in their religion/ god.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.