Agnostic.com

66 2

What should I do when I get threaten with going to Hell?

Not that Hell scares me, but I really need to know what I can say to defend myself against these hateful, brainwashed people that if I don't believe like them, something bad is going to happen after I die. I won't follow their belief because I just don't believe it and their God is too damn petty for me and to even give it the time of the day. This is the only life I get as far as I know and it won't be wasted on a man made God, let alone a God who says the Jews are his chosen people.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

66 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The age old argument.... goes like this:
God Squad: "You're going to Hell"
Me: "What's in Hell?"
God Squad: "People like you"
Me: "What's in Heaven?"
God Squad: "People like me"
Me: "You need to work on your threats"

Fryan Level 5 Jan 2, 2018

I say I already have a deluxe condo reserved

Smile and say you will be in good company.

jmott Level 3 Dec 23, 2017

Say, "See you there, I guess", or "We'll have to catch up, grab lunch, do whatever heathens do in the afterlife"

Ozman Level 7 Dec 21, 2017

Damn I offer them a ride on my bus...free of charge 🙂

I either say, " I'll see you there," or I don't believe in hell."

Try not to piss yourself laughing at them; that is may recommendation.

I always speak honestly and say: How can I be concerned with going to hell when I know hell does not exist? Except, possibly, for the one we sometimes create for ourselves right here on Earth in the here and now.

Ask them to show the part in the bible that gives a very in depth description of heaven, after all you might be there for eternity.

Jammo Level 5 Nov 26, 2017

just tell 'em there is no after life! and to go fuckoff!

What would make you think there is a hell? Which religion are you referring to? And if Christian which sect? Mormon? Jehovia Witness. Catholic, Orthodox Christian? Jewish? Hindu Hell? Islamic Hell? Which version? Sunni Shia,This punitive unfounded belief is substantiated by... what? That's what I say...

Except Mormons do not believe in hell, rather multiple levels of heaven where you are with others of your same tendencies - Mormons actually have a lot of Eastern ideas - such as these 'astral' plane schools on better behavior. (Gnani Yogi Philosophy)

"It's your hell, you burn in it"

Laugh

PDF Level 5 July 16, 2018

How can go to someplace that doesn't exist. Unless of course referring to Hell, Arizona. In which case be sure and bring your ice cooler, it's hot out there.

t1nick Level 8 July 16, 2018

Simple say "There is no hell, grow up"

One my most well used responses is that I simply say to them, "Okay, no Worries, I'll see you there then."

Shrug it off like it's not a big deal just to show them you're not afraid of made up threats. I mean you can argue with them if you want, but most of the time it's not worth it.

If you're feeling standoffish then yea, you can point out all the flaws with the idea of hell and the god that devised such a place and the rules around it. Otherwise you just look at them like they're a crazy person and walk away.

I say, your god, your hell, you go.

What do you do when any bully makes an empty threat? Be prepared. Whatever your response, ponder it, own it, be comfortable with it.

I tell people they're entitled to believe whatever they want, and so am I.

Ask if they serve beer there. It's a waste of time talking to them. 30% love Trump no matter what and a huuuuge % are cross-eyed mouth-frothing evangelics. So they lost all claim agains moral-relativism which was their complaint and biiig argument. They are cluuuuuueless. It's like arguing how many angels dance on a head of a pin? (A favorite theological argument in the middle ages)

Find a group of people that respect you and are not trying to control you for their own ends. Hang with them. The Hell sayers want confirmation of their beliefs. That is not your job, duty - your monkey or your Circus. Just walk away.

I've tried saying that I don't fear Hell because a) I don't believe in its existence, b) I've been through enough over the past couple of years personally that I don't fear it c) I'll assume Dante's Inferno was right and I'll just be hanging out with the non-believers and righteous yet unbaptized, so things could be worse, but yeah, I'll deal with the torments of having to wait for a table for Sunday brunch, or d) I'm really just not that enthused about meeting the Apostle Paul or reuniting with the self-appointed gatekeepers of the facility.

L.O.L. do not waste your time with nasty fatheads!

"sounds like fun"

IKR! lol of sine of the best people would be there!!! Just make sure some ice cold bottles of alcohol is involved to add on more fun to the party!!! Ha!

It is a bit hard to be scared of something one doesnt believe in?

NZVee Level 4 Dec 21, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.