Agnostic.com

66 2

What should I do when I get threaten with going to Hell?

Not that Hell scares me, but I really need to know what I can say to defend myself against these hateful, brainwashed people that if I don't believe like them, something bad is going to happen after I die. I won't follow their belief because I just don't believe it and their God is too damn petty for me and to even give it the time of the day. This is the only life I get as far as I know and it won't be wasted on a man made God, let alone a God who says the Jews are his chosen people.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

66 comments (51 - 66)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fear not ... Hell doesn't exist.

I like to get in a debate as to which hell they might be referring to....are we taking Dante, with the circles and virgil, or maybe Sartre's being locked in a room with a few other people for eternity, or maybe just the 'outside god's love' version of hell (aren't I already there, then, hmmm, I mean, hmmm?)...or is there another one that you are promising me a trip to....I like to keep my options open if I can.

Just say " see you there then"

at least you know where you stand with the devil and there's only one.

Laugh at them.

They are taught to pursue and proselytize, it is how they show you love. They actually believe that they are doing others a favor, this is what drives them. I broke out of that cult, so I know how they think. Like a child raised to hate others, so too cult 'expectations' are deeply engrained. They are completely owned and cannot be reasoned with, I feel in a great majority of them. But, all cults are like this too, non-christian as well.

Issa Level 5 Nov 26, 2017

Good points made. I have to completely avoid them, and avoid places that they go. They are a ruthless and pervasive cult, they are not taught that others have rights who are not like them and who do not believe in what they do. Threaten to call the police for accosting you. I had a guy in a store (Cable Company) begin preaching at me and I reported him. He was fired. They cannot 'do' this it is 'accosting' someone verbally. Maybe tell them this? See if they will accept it?

Issa Level 5 Nov 26, 2017

Do you really need to defend yourself against those words? I laugh.

Laughing I suggest would be good!

Specially if you laugh at them.

I just tell them that having to sit through church services is what would be hell to me.

I've found myself wanting to say that either they are exceptionally needy to have to bother me so persistently, or else misery love company.

Throw this quote from their own holy book right back at them:

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Then ask them if they'd like to be roommates in hell and walk away.

Throw a quote from their own holy book right back them:

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Then ask them if they'd like to be roommates in hell and walk away.

Ya know when I was a child my mother's infamous words after I did something naughty or talked back to her challenging her were "god is going to punish you." Or if I tripped or hurt myself "god punished you for whatever my crime was. Now when someone tells me that I'm going to hell Ijust look at them like they're insane and say really. If god's intention and purpose in life is to hurt me as a child just let hell try

why debate them? I have believed what I wanted most of my life and have never gotten in an argument about religion with anyone. I even lived in Gadsden Alabama Etowah County of Judge Roy Moore fame for 5 years.Agree to disagree or don't even bring up the topic in a debate form. If they say you are going to hell just ignore them

I usually ignore people who tell me I'm going to hell. I used to give them a chance to prove it. I'd tell them tell me why you think I'm going to hell, and prove there is such a place as hell. I would listen to them, not interrupting, letting them say their piece. I would offer my thoughts and almost immediately get interrupted. I'd ask why did you do that I respected you enough to hear you out. Most can't answer, without quoting scriptures. I offer the fact that thier actions are proof of mental programming. Much like a computer, data not in the programming is immediately booted out. They usually don't, or can't grasp what I'm trying to say. That's why now I just ignore them.

You just say " I am sure hell doesn't exist so no worries"

Just say "You can think that,but I'm wondering if being pious and judgemental is going to help believers get into heaven"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5280
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.