Agnostic.com

10 7

How long does a good thing last? Can you ever say I've had enough?

How much would you pay to have eye candy all around you all the time? Or have the best experience everyday? Beleive it or not... you've already got it. I told myself when I was a child that someday my life is going to change for me. I'm going to have anything I want. Well... I got it now. I live like a king in a castle and my wife as a queen. Note the following that we have.

1. Climate control in our house.
  2. Transportation
  3. More than 3 channels of tv
  4. FM radio
  5. Movies at anytime
  6. Dining out at anytime
  7. Shelter
  8. More then a little money
  9. Plenty of food to eat
  10. Gadgets to entertain ourselves
  11. Talk to people on the other side of the world.
    Do I need waterfront property when I can drive to the lake or the ocean anytime I want? Do I need the mountains or the forest everyday? Life is betrer then we think it is. Love y'all.
BucketlistBob 8 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good to be grateful for what we have. Having more than we need, just to have more than the next guy, just makes no long-term or ecological sense.

Like a lot thanks - yes I live a simple life and can have these pleasures .

It remains good as long as the mind remains good and appreciative. when that stops the same exact situation is still there but now one finds it no longer good.

EMC2 Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

And I have a picture of Wolverine as my background on the laptop. Can life get any better?

Beware the ides of March.

Ah, yeah, about that - why is Scarlett Johanssen not on that list? Because, you know, life is not complete without her.

You can take it for granted.

Rightbackatcha, Bob!!!! 😉

KK...Thanks

Sounds like you have it pretty good!

Some of us may be missing one or two of these things but life is good for those of us that belong to this forum

I’ve always believed in giving thanks to the universe, or whatever. Ultimately it’s being grateful for what one has. There is another treadmill out there that is filled with all the people who want more, and the next best thing.

@Bierbasstard I think that is the secret to happiness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52833
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.