Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK Will Covid Get Worse During the Winter?

I have been thinking along these lines. The company I now work for is totally remote until January 2021. (except for a handful of people that have to be in the buildings, including security. IT folks are there for newbies picking up equipment and the established folks having issues or needing replacements.) My company is an Omaha landmark with prime real estate. It is so strange to see the parking lots empty. Anyway, I don't think COVID is going to go away, how is that going to change life as we know it? What will that do to the elections, or the economy, or our schools, our lives. I'm getting a new grand in late January, what is it going to be like for her or him to come into the world? This is why I don't sleep well, or at least part of the reason.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Covid situation doesn't look good. There really is no cure and I'm concerned that the vaccines may not work. The vaccines are made to produce antibodies and yet we now know that people who have survived Covid and presumably have antibodies can get the virus a second time.

And, from anecdotal evidence, the recurrence is bad.

It certainly isn't going to get any better with trump at the helm. Even if he loses, which hope he does, we have to get through the weeks to January 20, 2021. When I see the stats on cases world wide and so many countries doing so much better I want to shoot that son of a bitch.
The whole thing will be compounded by the annual flu season.

Be very careful, my friends. This winter is a time for real caution. It could be a real health disaster.

Unfortunately, the way America is acting...yes

Covid won’t go away until there is a vaccine, if then. Winter is likely to get worse because folks will still go out but be indoors where it spreads more than open outdoor areas. Beyond those items is the fact that we might re-elect reps and continue to have a CDC and FDA that we cannot trust. I, for one, won’t consider a flu vaccine not vetted by health Canada or Britain. And just how true are the data we are getting on current levels of Covid? These are not the best of times.

We have outdoor dining here in the Northeast for maybe about 6more weeks, then too damn cold. So it will certainly get worse for restaurants.
On a much more serious note, schools/buses will be indoors & heated. No one i care about would be in oneof those buildings!

The experts seem to think it will get worse this fall and winter. We will see.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:529272
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.