Agnostic.com

19 1

Will robotic androids change relationships?

Imagine in the future, when androids can be produced that work as automated assistants to people. We've heard about androids being sex bots, but what about if they did everything a spouse could... Housework, yardwork, construction, sexual gratification... All within the parameters and settings of what their owners prefer.

With this option, would people seek out relationships with other people? Lets take the case that the owner of the androids makes good income and doesn't need spousal support on the financial level.

You wouldn't have to comform to societal standards for the android. They would serve you.

Would people bother getting married?

• 18 votes
  • 8 votes
Nikonian 5 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Marriage is a partnership, owning an android is a one sided affair so the two are not really comparable.

Fuckbot 9000 is here to please.
Please swipe left for payment.

The whole point of a relationship is communication, mutual affection and mutual respect. Until/unless androids become self aware then all that is missing, its basically a fancy wind up toy. You have relationships with equals not things.

Kimba Level 7 Apr 14, 2018

I can guarantee that I won't be porking R2D2 anytime soon.

The fact that Earth has its first official android citizen, Sophia, should be very telling of what the future brings. I’ve been waiting for my robot boyfriend since I was a kid. I’ve always dreamt that eventually we would have androids or robots who would be able to do everything for us. To free up time for us to have fun! When android partners become available if I’m free, I will definitely have one. As long as it’s programmed for all my specific needs and I’m not talking just sexually, I’m talking about all my needs.

If the Japenese ever get a cheap version of their jackoff machine real relationships might be in trouble. I think they use this thing to collect sperm.

This is a very interesting topic. I guess we will see, or most of us won't see. My mind already went to having 3somes and orgies with all my robotic females including with my wife. She can have her male robots and I can have my female robots lol

Here's another interesting question. Would it be gay to have sex with a female robot if you're female, or if a male had sex with a male robot?

I think it would be a mix. Lonely people would use the robots for sex and for what little mental connection they can get with them. Depending on how advanced the robot is. People who already have human connection might just use them for added sex, or when they aren't gettingalong with their partner.

If you're married, does fucking a sex robot make you a cheater?

I guess technically, but I also I guess your spouse's emotions on it would give the answer. Just like how some people have open relationships and don't consider it cheating.

Hm idk I like the connection of someone mentally. A programmed robot wouldn't really be able to match and respond to me like a human.

I'm confident the number of humans choosing an Android would be higher than most believe. Personally, having a device to manage the daily drudge of existence and a sexual outlet too would be wonderful. I am old and have had a number of relationships so lack of drama looks very nice. Face it, human kind are not that impressive. We fumble about 99% of the time. Honestly, I am self aware I was never as impressive as I perceived.

I wouldn't want a partner that conformed.

Yeah men will have to up their game ....

Not anything that's likely to affect my life.
Even if it were an option, I wouldn't be interested.

I'll happily remain a Luddite in this regard. There is no way an automaton can replace a fellow human who needs you as much as you need them.

The remake of 'West World' on HBO explores this subject, check it out. There was another one out there that was pretty good, I think the name was, "Humans", could be wrong though.

I've watched both. They are good treatments of the subject from a later period as the Androids become self aware. They only expolre it from a human, unaware machine framework in small ways.

I think marriage is becoming a less attractive option already. I believe that we will still have relationships and human lovers in addition to the robot simply for the diversity and the unpredictable nature of humans as a change up from programed response. Also the idea of bringing joy to another person is one of the keys to happiness and a robot cannot feel joy. So I say yes to both poll options. Yes, we will adapt and incorporate robots as partners and lovers and yes, we will still want human partners and lovers.

Would hope people would prefer human companionship than Robots -like the Jetsons and their maid Rosie lol

I think that a majority of society will seek out human affection and interaction. There will be a portion that would take Android over a human, you could program it and make it look it your ideal significant other. Like a previous comment said "who knows what the future brings"

Who knows what the future will bring?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52971
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.