Agnostic.com

17 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Indeed, for many Christians, their Christianity is based on White Nationalism. One may suppose that bigotry is the fall-back next-in-line critical issue in case Roe falls.

And? There are other wedding venues.

If I would not be welcome to have my wedding there for whatever reason, I would take my money somewhere els and tell everyone about it so they would not use them either. Bankrupt the bast...s

" Religious Rights, Religious Freedoms," we hear it almost screamed out day after day non-stop BUT what about the Rights and Freedoms due to everyone else or are they of little or no concern since they do NOT fit neatly into the Faithfool Folds?
Why is it that the 'religious' can discriminate freely and the rest of society can not?
Are we, the non-believers, not being subjected to discrimination?
Are we, the non-believers, the LGBT communities, those hoping and planning for 'inter-racial' marriages, etc, etc, just lesser humans to those Faithfools and thus deserve to be discriminated against and persecuted so?
Where, exactly, do these Anti-discrimination Laws draw the line on WHO may or may NOT be discriminated against?

Wherever they want as long as the evangelicals have power unfortunately

@redhog So it seems, very sadly so it seems.

@Triphid yep. Thats why I push back against them every chance I get.

No shit, Sherlock!

Color me not shocked.

Mississippi? Nothing that happens in Mississippi surprises me.

This issue is bigger than where you hold your wedding or who makes your cake. The real issue is the fundamental standard of conduct between people in civilized society, namely whether we want to be an inclusive community that embraces diversity or an exclusive community that ignores our common humanity.

And that is the choice before you in November, also.

I have no issue with this...why give them any money? I'd be like "thank you, for letting me know I don't want to support you, bye!"

And let EVERYONE know about it. Hopefully, they go bankrupt.

@creative51 well...maybe take comfort in this? 🙂

"Between 1900 and 2016, Mississippi cast votes for the winning presidential candidate 46.67 percent of the time, the one of the lowest accuracy rates in the country." - Ballotopedia.

It's a free country and you can do business with whomever you want.

Why would anyone want to use the ignorant venue?

Give your business to those who deserve it.

There might be other reasons they would choose it. Like, the size, the location, the facilities. Maybe it's the only one nearby.

Whoops commented in wrong message! Durned smrtphuns!

I hope the couple sues them for a lot of money.

They sued here and the court ruled in favour of the venue. Who knows what they put forward 🙄 as strong case.

They also have a whites only town in SA called Orania😬

No Exemption for Religious beliefs should be allowed. If you own a business you should not be allowed discriminate against anyone. If you don't like that then don't set up a business at all. It's that simple.

Not under Trump vote blue

And people wonder why I'm an anti-theist.
FFS!!

You get them here too. No gays, no mixed race couples. Pathetic backward racists!

That should be illegal. SCOTUS settled this 60+ years ago. This should threaten their tax exempt status.

But current climate allows it won't prosecute, vote blue stop this

Nothing about this surprises me. The whole premise behind bilking money from Christians is to pander to their need to feel better than somebody else.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 2, 2020

So now Christians have become a 'race.' So if we discriminate against Christians we are racist like them?

@Toonces You bet and I don't mind being this kind of 'racist.' I always question if is is racist to discriminate against racists? Is this a case where two wrongs make a right?

They’re not a race, they’re a creed 😟 and not very Christian, from what they taught me about Christ.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.