Agnostic.com

9 24

LINK Larry Flynt is Getting the Last Laugh After the Fall of Jerry Falwell, Jr. | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Here’s a bit of good news from 2020: After watching Jerry Falwell, Jr. fall from grace after his cuckold fetish became public knowledge, Hustler publisher Larry Flynt is having the last laugh.

snytiger6 9 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many people got the last laugh.

I know a lot of people think Flynt is vile, and in
some respects, their feelings may be valid.

Personally, I respect that he fought for the First Amendment.
And won.

Me too. I used to send Flynt ideas in picture memes for his Hustler magazine. He accepted a few and paid me $50 for each of them.

Technically, Larry Flynt got the last laugh already when he won in the Supreme Court against Jerry Falwell. Landmark case that solidified the use of parody as free speech. Interestingly, Falwell, Sr. often preached against homosexuality but he did not know that his ghost writer, Mel White, was gay. Some of the Christians that actually practiced their faith according to the Bible are the members of Westboro Baptist Church, who Falwell often criticized. Just like with Jimmy Swaggert, who fucked some side tail in Louisiana or anti-gay and anti-drug preacher Ted Haggard, who fucked a male prostitute while high on meth, Falwell, Jr. has some sexual skeletons in his closet.

Th eWestboro Baptists Church practices a kind of old testament religion. They ignore most of the teachings of Jesus, They do know what he taught, but they don't really practice it.

@snytiger6 Jesus said in book of Matthew: I did not change one jot or tittle of the word but I have came to fulfill the covenant.

Loved The People vs Larry Flynt.

My step son and I just watched the movie “The People vs Larry Flint” last night. I remember many of the basics as a fan of Hustler and men’s magazines in general.
I think it’s interesting that of the three newsstand sex magazines, his is the only one still printing monthly and the only one still living since Hefner and Guccione died.

Larry Flynt is still alive? Well, hot damn.

I thought he was dead too.

He is running 29 magazines at this point. Plus strip clubs, sex shops among other endeavors. 😁 The guy is scrappy, that’s for sure. In the movie Woody Harrelson plays Larry, but the real Larry plays the Ohio judge that tried to lock him up for 25 years. And the attorney for Jerry Falwell at the Supreme Court hearing in the movie was actually Larry’s attorney at the time of the hearing.

That Falwell is a first class hypocrite.

An asshole also just like the big Chump in the White House. They deserve to die slow and painful deaths. These are not humans, they are devoid of humility, morals, a sense of right and wrong, emotionally abusive, the list goes on. Human Garbage. If I was to see one of them on the street hungry and starving, and if I was eating something I couldn’t finish, I would throw it in the trash and spit on it before I ever give it to one of them.

@SeaRay215ex I can definitely see that you don't like Falwell and Trump. I think they deserve to be prosecuted for the crimes they have committed.

@nicknotes Sure, but we all know that won’t happen. Sometimes the best thing for some subhumans is to suffer. I view that as real punishment, I have two nieces aged 26 and 23, I replaced their pepper spray sprayers with acid. If someone tries to hurt them, well then the person who tried to do it will be sprayed in the face with it. As a result, they will suffer loss of site and have their skin scarred from it.

Flynt should be the president of Liberty University! At least then the kids would get a well rounded education!!! LOL

At least Flynt isn't a hypocrite.In fact, he spoke out against the death penalty for the guy who shot him. He said that being shot did not change his mind about the death penalty. Seems to me that Flynt is more moral then a lot of
the people that go around preaching morals.

Good old Larry Flynt. I keep forgetting that he's still alive. He was the victim of an assassination attempt by one of these "religious" nuts. He's in a wheelchair for life because of it. He deserves a good laugh.

He was shot by a racist. The serial killer who shot him would go around the country shooting interracial couples. There was an article about interracial relationships in Hustler shortly before the shooting.

@MyTVC15 Thank you. Joseph Paul Franklin. White supremacist. Also shot civil rights leader Vernon Jordan. He probably evoked Jesus to justify this tho

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:530308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.