Agnostic.com

6 5

At least 42 cases pertaining to blasphemy were registered across Pakistan in a single month, according to data compiled by a social media user.

Most of those accused of blasphemy belonged to the Shia community, who have been booked under 295-A and 298 sections of the Pakistan Penal Code for allegedly ‘insulting the companions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)’. Similarly, members of Ahmadiyya and Christian communities are also among the people accused of blasphemy.

Read the rest by clicking below.
[nayadaur.tv]

AtheistNews 6 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some religious zealotry can be worse than others. Those who have an affinity for the religion of islam over christiantity perhaps don't quite grasp the difference between being socially ostracized versus slavery, maiming or death.

Why the hell is everyone holding up their shoes? Are they doing a scene from The Life of Brian?

I swear, when you can't satirize things anymore because real life is more bizarre than the satire....

Who cares!!!

We have trump and the obstructionist republican fascists starting a civil war to enslave anyone who disagrees with there BS!!!

Religious movements are dangerous in themselves even 1500 after their pedophile leaders long dead!!!

Politicians and religious beliefs should never mix!!!

Welcome to the male dominated dead cult planet!!!

It sucks to live where religion calls the shots, which is why I fled Alabama and immigrated to the United States.

I grew up in central Ky, a catholic county and to the south, east, and west were southern baptists. Racist and proud of it using the bible to justify their white superiority. So I can feel your pain.

Back in the late 70s, a friend was there on business for 6 months with his wife. He traveled through a number of other countries. He remarked that Pakistan was, by far, the most sour, no one smiling on the streets country he had ever seen. He told me people just did not seem happy, unlike other countries he stayed in. Always remembered him telling me that.

In a theocracy, which it virtually is, religion has to generate misery, otherwise it can not pose as the power which will rescue you from misery.

I can't imagine how this country will survive like this foe another 100 or 200 years. Something's gotta give. At some point the cognitive dissonance will become so huge that the lies becomes unsustainable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:531044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.