Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Payroll Tax Cut: Will You Get One And What You Should Do With It

This is really good information.

HippieChick58 9 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a Russian scheme to bankrupt Social Security and when the delayed tax becomes due it will bankrupt the poor and middle class who don't have the money to pay the tax.

He's been trying to do this since he took office and, if re-elected, the next step is to permanently "forgive" the employers their portion, thus disrupting the Social Security system. People are already misunderstanding and think it's being forgiven, and this will only cause a lot of turmoil. He's really profoundly immoral.

Fortunately I don’t qualify. If I did, I’d be putting the money away in savings to pay the penalty later. Stupidest freaking idea I’ve ever heard of, this tax deferment.

Sorry but people living week to week aren't putting it away. This will muck everything up just a bit more for everyone who is already struggling come next year. Just a little extra kick in the face for them and a small thing to keep the new president's ( hopefully) economy low.

MsAl Level 8 Sep 5, 2020

Good advice.

Exactly what I, as an accountant, would recommend to all. There are some higher paying savings accounts online if you search that maybe would earn a teensy bit more. But if you're forced to participate, protect yourselves!

Completely ignoring Seniors & the disabled, who often live precariously, income-wise.

This is a stupid and dangerous, what, incentive? What is it even supposed to be?

@Apunzelle keep the economy from totally tanking, keep a few from starving,actually starving, put a few gallons of gas in the tank so they can catch Covid at work......

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:531240
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.