Agnostic.com

14 3

Born again Christians.

Why is it that born again christians actually believe that when they die they will meet Jesus and their loved ones that died before them. I do not understand why they actually believe this and they interpret the bible in literal terms. Or they also believe that Jesus actually rose from the dead and that he was seen by people in his day such as the apostles??? I totally believe that they were taking some serious hallucanagenic drugs that made those people hallucinate.

Tercoop7105 4 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The 40 days in desert is also a stretch. So, yeah, The Bible is great fun in places, but literal truth? I do not think so.

Hey it is completely unfair to expect believers to actually understand the religion they believe in, or to have read the holy book they profess to live their lives by.

How unreasonable is that.

Ever seen em make fun of themselves?

Ugh. I don't know. I don't understand faith.

Well, I mean, I understand faith - in that it prompts people to do wonderful things. Build cathedrals and mosques. Write the most wonderful music.

And give licence to kill other people.

So, yeah, the whole religious thing for me is a hard pass. I just don't get it.

I get it. It's a way of coping with loss. You want to believe that these people (and sometimes pets) are not gone forever. You're not saying "goodbye"; you're saying "see you later."

And that kind of thinking can morph into a whole philosophy of the afterlife.

For me, I had the opposite. After my father died, I was further devastated with the belief that he was in Hell because he never went to church with me. That's screwed up, man.

Drugs may or may not have been involved. There is much evidence today to show that parts of the bible were written after the fact. If so, drugs would not have been needed. Early believers can site "evidence" as coming from a book or because Charlie said it was so. That's enough for the common man over 2000 years ago. In fact, that's enough for most common people yet today.

People are stupid in general. They believed Donald Trump.

YEAH I love it when people say they are born again Christians. It's been a while since I've done any bible study and I do remember something that they overlook - That which is born of the flesh is flesh. That which is born of the spirit is spirit. If they are still flesh then they can't be born again...

Entirely possible.

Pretty well my thoughts [ I'll have a quarter ounce of that !]

Born again Christians: To me, they’re more annoying the second time around.

The one's writing the bible must have found some type of mushrooms to snack on. As for the believers, they have society's #1 accepted mental illness. They're all delusional! One big grandiose delusion they all share.

@ADistantShore Yes it would've been.

@Sarahroo29 And it would have been FUNNY!

@Highway-Starr Lol.

Why does any one of any faith believe all the crazy stuff written in an old book? I suppose some feel comfort believing it, but ultimately I do not know.

Someone already wrote a book about that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53231
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.