Agnostic.com

8 2

Kaduna state in Nigeria is on the verge of passing a law that would make surgical castration mandatory for child rapists!
I'm in total agreement. How about you?

[bbc.com]

Petter 9 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Totally and the sooner the better. A dull knife would be preferable.

Removing body parts by the government is not a good start to criminal reform. What's next,,,,, hands?

Kaduna is partly Muslim and partly Christian, mainly Roman Catholic. They tend to live in different zones. The state government of Kaduna applies Sharia law to all the Muslims. So, in parts of Kaduna, yes. Shocked?
It's a very different world.
Maybe I should tell you how, in 1975, Uganda solved the problem of theft. It certainly worked!!

That was the story of Steven Titus. Southland Sales Rep. I knew Steve from work. I lived blocks from where the "crime" was commited.
So, the Port of Seattle did the investigation. Are the Nigerian police capable of doing a investigation and coming to a better conclusion?

Utterly different scenarios. My in-laws lived in Kaduna. I am third generation Kenyan. Africa is completely different to Seattle.

@Petter Yeah. I know. Lots of water between us there. So, the question is, are the authorities always right? And the "witnesses" are always honest or accurate?

@PondartIncbendog The victims are honest. It's something that people who live in societies where duplicity is endemic find difficult to understand.

Upon viewing Edward Lee King’s photo, the victim who had identified Titus began to cry and said, “Oh my God, what have I done to Mr. Titus?” Judge Johnson overturned Titus’s conviction and dismissed the charges against him. After the dismissal, Titus stated that he had lost everything. “I lost my fiancée because I spent so much time dwelling on this, and I’ve changed. I’m not the person she knew. I lost my job, my family lost their savings, $9,000. I owe $3,000 to my attorney.”

In 1982, Paul Henderson was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his investigative reporting regarding Titus’s case. Titus filed a $20 million lawsuit against the Port of Seattle alleging wrongdoing that led to his wrongful conviction. The lawsuit accused Port of Seattle Officer Ronald A. Parker of gross negligence and intentional disregard for the constitutional rights of Titus. However, Titus, who was in his mid-30’s, died of a heart attack on February 2, 1985 while the case was pending. Several months later, Titus’s lawsuit was settled out of court, and his teenage son, Ken Titus, was awarded $2.8 million in damages on behalf of his father.
[law.umich.edu]

That won't prevent them from using broomsticks or bottles or their fingers. Better you should have the death sentence. Or, maybe something else.

Works for me!! And very appropriate punishment, biblically appropriate as well. Cut off that which causes you to sin.

Bullet to the head sounds more just.

What of the suspect has been framed? You don't think that happens? Like the death penalty. It's a bitch if you've got the wrong guy.

DNA is pretty convincing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:533235
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.