Agnostic.com

10 1

Tiny homes: Could you live in one?

AstralSmoke 8 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[facebook.com] i hope this works

Curbed Detroit?

yes. an urban setting but they don't have to be

I had to scroll down the page to find it. I beoieve this is the correct link: [facebook.com]

Here's an article from one of my local magazines. [nooga.com]

that is what I meant to post
thanks

I'd rather have a tiny house and lots of land than an energy-wasting McMansion with no land. Just imagine the resources we could save if more people bought into tiny homes. More land to grow food of your own. Yup, tiny homes are cool!

I live in a small rv. I have a storage too.

There is another post about this same topic. You should find it.

OK, thanks.

I tagged you.

[agnostic.com]

I think I could live in a tiny home,but I'd need distance between myself and the neighbors. I get a little claustrophobic in crowded places with lots of people. i can tolerate crowds for a day or two, but crowds generally stress me out, just beign in or near them.

A tiny home complex perhaps? Or a different route: Stuff your tiny house with as many people as possible (like they used to do with phone booths) and set a Guinness world record.

Personally i could live in a small place, my preferce is to not be on top of other people so space in that sence i would want more than a huge house i would spend more time cleaning than enjoying

Nope.I need storage, enough kitchen to cook from scratch in, and a guest bedroom. I can camp to play at pseudo tiny living.

Zster Level 8 Nov 26, 2017

Not me, I need elbow room, even just from myself. In fact, I currently live in a building that used to be a church. I tell people "once I moved in, trust me, it wasn't a church anymore". I'm in the (slow) process of converting it to a livable home. Still have 3 pews, the piano, and the steeple on the top. Otherwise, it just looks like an oddly shaped building. Nothing gothic, no stained glass.

No alter, just a stage. The place is more like a meeting house than a church, except for the pews. The stage will go and I'll put a full-size bookcase over the whole wall. That will include a home theater setup.

That's hardly a tiny home. My father's church was old and big and had some great places in it. I used to go above the sanctuary ceiling where the beams holding up the roof were. It was a fantastic place. I could have lived there! I've fantasized about owning a church (to live in) since a very young age. I worked for an artist in Wales one summer who lived in a church.

Nice! I'm planning on going steam-punk for my style. I posted a pic of the outside, not sure when or if it'll show up. I put vinyl siding from the window sills up, am putting stone (facade) on the bottom. I plan on using the stone on the inside walls in the same manner.

Is the floor slanted or level?

Easily yes! I live in a nomadic way with very few possessions so this is how I prefer to live.

A tiny home on wheels!

Easily. I've had much less.

If you've ever seen the show Treehouse Masters that would be the bee's knees.

I like the idea of tiny homes. I built myself a tiny casita once but with the things that i do I need room . Like room to spin, have a loom and process fleece. I don't think I could wing that in a tiny house but othrewise I think I could do that. I would rather live in a tiny house than an apartment

How about a tiny house with a tiny studio?

I have the tiny house and an 800 square foot room that doubles as a green house and studio. THe casita has a 200 square foot footprint. That is as small as I could go

That sounds pretty tiny. Is the casita a trailer? Do you travel with it very much?

I live in New Mexico. a casita is the name for a tiny house , like what the inlaws would live in behind the main house. It is cob construction with 2 foot thick walls and a rocket stove built into the structure

I looked it up (really quickly) because I didn't know the word. That sounds like it'd be pretty cool inside in the summer and cozy during the winter. Is there adequate light inside? The walls are pretty thick.

I have a huge southern window and east west windows for ventilation in the loft. The studio/green house hsa full southern exposure and some east west windows and a heated floor. I keep the windows open much of the time

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.