Agnostic.com

5 1

I had an interesting notion.
What if conservatives in general know climate change is a real thing and they’re just playing dumb, like, Trump and Covid, and racist that pretend there’s no racism.
I mean all of us attended school, flat Earthers are an extreme example. Religion would be the most common example of the phenomenon to claim the Earth is only seven thousand years old, really? No one believes this, they just keep pretending, like Trump telling us minors are immune to Covid.
Perhaps they know it’s too late to fix climate change but that’s arrogance. If everyone acknowledges the problem we could bring some teamwork that the people attempting to keep us in the dark didn’t factor in.
I know how tribal you apes are, but if you’re honest you know you don’t believe any of your bull crap, your obstruction is just so you can feel distinct, but you should know it also makes you gullible and stupid.
This has been a PSA from your friendly neighborhood SJW.

Willow_Wisp 8 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They all know what's going on.. It's all about money... But money is useless if earth dies...

If I had to bet, I'd think most of them believe the stupid shit they espouse. And to be honest, it would probably be worse if they didn't and were willfully touting such idiocy.

I'd like to think you're right, because that would mean they might be open to persuasion, but I think you are attributing them with more integrity than they have and that they are "willfilly touting such idiocy".

@Cyklone You think the anti-vaxxers really know vaccines are safe and effective, but they pretend otherwise and withhold them from their children?
You think Christian Scientists withhold medical treatments from themselves and their children knowing they will die without them, but also knowing god isn't going to save them?
You think JWs refuse blood products that could save their child's life knowing that god doesn't actually exist and refusing blood doesn't actually help you get into a heaven that doesn't exist either?
You think members of religious cults hold deadly venomous snakes even though they know they aren't "bathed in the blood of Jesus" and that if they get bit they will die?
I could go all day. There are as million examples of things members of groups do that are so crazy, it's next to impossible to think many, if any of them are pretending. Religious leaders on the other hand I could see, but there's generally huge incentives, financial and otherwise, for them to lie.

@JeffMurray No, I don't. But the subject in question was climate change and I do think that owners of greenhouse gas polluting industries are aware of the damage they're doing and don't care.

@Cyklone Oh, oops, I was referring to all the nonsense (Covid, racism, flat Earth, young Earth, etc.). My bad.

More likely that they have plans and bunkers only rich can do like the yachts that are circulating at sea with the covid plague going on

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 16, 2020

I believe conservatives who will not begin doing something about climate change think that by going along with the status quo instead of new green energy innovations they will remain secure, if they look out for number one and do not disrupt the status quo. That seems shortsighted and naive to me.

I joined a climate change group that lobbies Congress to pass a carbon fee and dividend bill through both houses. We are pretty active in educating people, and we target conservatives in a friendly way also. 'Multisolving' is one of the strategies we employ to approach conservatives in our communities..

I suspect that most of them believe in climate change but also believe that nothing too traumatic will occur in their lifetime, so they can continue to exploit the planet for their benefit, especially when you understand that psychopaths feature strongly amongst CEOs of most fortune 500 companies. And for the religious it doesn't matter because they have permission to rape and pillage the planet until their god rescues them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:534582
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.