Agnostic.com

19 28

Have you rejected a photo and realized it's good years later?

"Nah," I thought when I originally saw this photo. It was taken on a hike in Icicle Gorge on October 30, 2017.

Yesterday I culled 12 years of hiking photos, saving only the best. Almost deleted this picture. Suddenly I realized I like it.

I look happy, relaxed and strong. Love old growth trees; always give them a big hug. This is a majestic Ponderosa Pine. Thinking of the fires, I want to hug it again.

Have you changed your opinion of a picture years later? Show us the photo, please.

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm judgmental about almost all photos of myself, but give it a couple of years and my thinking changes to, "How young and handsome I looked!"

Here’s one from my last Africa trip. The people I lived with gave me a mask to celebrate the time I was with them. My major accomplishment was creating an alphabet for them to use in writing their language. It is specifically tailored to their language.

I saw similar masks in the St. Louis art museum last year. They were from the same language group, but not nearly as colorful. I now feel more honored to have this museum-worthy piece.

Great picture of you, and what it represents ecologically too. But I’ve never seen a bad one of you.

@BudFrank

Thank you. Good point about what it represents ecologically.

Not a problem I really have, people generally only take photos of cute people. I did however manage to find a couple. A few tears ago when having life problems, I put on some weight, thankfully I made and effort and lost it. At least the earlier photo reminds me of how much I lost.

When I was a kid I loved playing with the bark from Ponderosa Pines, it reminded me of jigsaw puzzles.

@19dacar52

Couldn't resist taking the photo of Ponderosa Pine bark. A jigsaw puzzle!

@LiterateHiker Awesome photo! Thank you!

I have lost most of the photos important to me. Take it from me. All of them are special.

This is a good photo, and it has happened to me too!

@Merseyman

Thanks. Next to that giant tree, I look little.

I haven't reviewed any old photos, but I'd like to.

Still ...trying to use film. Could find a few not included in my albums, but too lazy to look, or put them into digital form … especially being that they’re rejects 😀

Varn Level 8 Sep 17, 2020

You keep saying you are small, but here you are holding up a tree. With one hand, it does not look like you are even breaking a sweat.

You're always beautiful. When younger, I loathed pictures, now I realize my kids may cherish them when I'm gone and never turn them down. I am sorry that they don't have many from when I was younger as were they.

@Larimar

Thank you, dear.

You just can't be too tough on yourself. We're our worst critics. There are so few pictures of me, I cherish them all and so does our daughter.
Back in the mid 70's our jug band/string band recorded a record. I never really liked it back then. Then our daughter digitized it and I listened to it again. It's really good and held up to the test of time. Sometimes we mellow and become less critical.

I tend to avoid them period lol

@MissKathleen I used to be. Then I hit 40 lol

Yeah, I dislike them more as time goes by.

I deleted all my old pictures.. I didn't like who I was for a long time.

I never liked this photo from 14 years ago because I thought I looked old and have bad hair. I'm okay with it now because I now always look that old and my hair is worse.

@Dhiltong

Which man is you?

@LiterateHiker The one with the bad hair......

@Dhiltong

Are you on the far right?

@LiterateHiker I would never claim to be 'Far Right' but, yes.....

@MissKathleen I know, but I’d have to shave every day😕

@MissKathleen Shaving every day isn’t my routine. And at my age routines don’t die easily....

@Dhiltong

Why do women have to keep up with maintenance and men don't?

You know what I mean by maintenance. Maintenance is what you have to do just so you can walk out the door knowing that if you go the grocery and bump into a guy you dated briefly, you won't have to hide behind a tall display rack.

@LiterateHiker Having a beard isn’t maintenance free, it just doesn’t require daily maintenance. It’s more like xeriscaping....

Not everyday we see you holding a tree up right 🙂 beautiful happy pic of you ,yes it is a keeper for sure

@RoyMillar

Thank you, Roy!

Excellent

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 17, 2020

Fabulous.

@UrsiMajor

Thank you, dear!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:535085
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.