Agnostic.com

101 8

What is the one creature, snake, spider, rodent, bat, etc, that creeps you out the most?

When I was around 8 years old I watched an episode of Alfred Hitchcock in black and white on TV. A man was tied up and they showed rats crawling all over him and they were going to eat him. It messed me up and to this day rats are the only creature that really creeps me out.

ebdb 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

101 comments (51 - 75)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

nothing really creeps me out... but i really don't like snakes. i ran across a rattlesnake once and it scared the shit out of me. i work outside and occasionally run across copperheads. they are really not all that bad because they run away pretty fast. you just don't want to pick one up or step on one. i think the worst thing that i ran across is africanized honey bees. they will chase you a hundred yards if you disturb their hive...and dive at your eyes all along the way.. if you don't run they will swarm and cover you .

Ticks & reduviidae (Chagas kissing bugs)
Found a tick on my dog last year and could hardly sleep for a week.

Those long things with lots & lots & lots of legs...they are Aware of our presence! After 30+ years I had to get an exterminator...they run across ceilings, but sometimes fall off...if one ever fell on me, heart-attack time!

Millipede

Or centipede... Any of those.

Centipedes and, to a slightly lesser extent, scorpions, shrimps and prawns.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

I would usually say snakes. But right now I am recovering from a spider bite last Thursday. Pretty sure....didn't see it. Big knot on wrist. Left arm swollen. Getting better. Swelling going down. Will start wearing gloves when getting careless. LOL

None really - if i had to choose though i would say i would not fancy a water fight with a saltwater crocodile!

Nothing really does. I have a healthy respect for animals and insects that could bite me/cause disease or a reaction etc. but nothing really creeps me out.

People who watch garbage shows like the cardashians and think they are awesome frighten me.

The mind- It plays tricks on you all the time.
Whne you think is safe to go into the water it creeps you out again

Rosh Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Roaches. I am a rational, logical person, yet roaches can make me lose my composure in a second. I think it's the idea that if you see one, you imagine thousands and they move so damned fast!

I made a post on FB about a 300 million year old extinct 7.8 ft long centepede. No thanks on bugs like that.

Cockroaches really creep me out

Humans. Capable of remarkable acts of goodness but also horrifying evil.

MsDee Level 5 Apr 9, 2018

People

Humans lol.
And a shark if I'm snorkeling ?

None of them....am fascinated by how animals (including humans) behave.

There are more things in the heaven and Earth, Horatio
then are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Rather than seeing that as limiting, I see it as an affirmation that we need to keep exploring and learning.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents

Japenese Giant Crabs... they are alien as fuck.

Snakes for me. I'm not sure why, but I think it goes back to childhood when I fell asleep under an old oak only to awake to seeing a snake crawling down it.

Snakes, especially talking ones. Earwigs,

swimming with sharks bigger than me...

Spiders.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 9, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.