Agnostic.com

15 5

People who get offended over everything needs to learn that life is not always about them.

Madeline1992 5 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can only be offended by the people I respect. I only respect people who don't offend me.

I agree there is some narcissism in some people . Some times we have to be tolerant or at least polite because people don't always get it. This world still beautiful even with different people's perception

Offense is taken, not given, I say.

Yes, however, not everything offensive should be ignored or treated as ‘not about you’.

It may be perfectly reasonable to have someone call you a name or accuse you of something and you become offended. Where I have a problem is if I question something you say or believe and you are offended. Ideas should be fair game but please don’t attack the messenger himself.

gearl Level 8 Nov 26, 2017

Madeline, I'm offended. 😉

Well, it all depends on "" how little"" is the little thing.
The woman who helps an elderly lady in my building started to call me "Muchacha" (the only word she knows in Spanish). I told her that word, in my country, has a very negative connotation and I would prefer if she doesn't use said vocable with me...I even explained what it means. Regardless of the three tImes I asked her no to call me "muchacha"....she continued to do so. Few days ago I threatened her with contacting my lawyer. Hopefully, I won't be called a "whor..." any longer.

Hmmm... thats rough. Insecurities are a bundle of misguided feelings. You just don't know how a person was programmed. Their life, their schooling, their religion, whew! I try to stay away from topics that get some people worked up.

Being offended is somewhat of a choice. I know people who seem to have made a hobby out of it. I steer clear of such types. Then, of course, they are offended that people seem to avoid them. Go figure.

Zster Level 8 Nov 26, 2017

Being offended is a choice. If I see something I don’t like. I just delete it or block it and move on with my life.

I once told soneone that I was not offended as I chose not to be. He then shot back with, "What if I MEANT to offend you?", to which I replied, "I still choose not to be!" Sure made him mad! (;

Agreed

Dammit! Now I'm offended. 😉

I have a saying that I use often: "I may have PUSHED your buttons, but I didn't install them."

A very good point. Unfortunately some peopel aren't happy unless they are in some sort of contention. It is as if it is the only thing they have ever found that makes them feel like they are living life fully... to be argumentative.

I simply choose to avoid such persons. Life is too short to deal with people who will never actually listen and aren't open to learning new things..

My brother likes to play victim a lot and seems to get offended by everything, I used to wonder where he got that behavior from and then I noticed that my mom does it a lot too, I've learned that it's just easier to not talk to them about anything important.

I need a safe space!

you make a fantastic point. Good on you 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5355
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.