Agnostic.com

16 20

LINK Anti-Abortion Christians Celebrate Death Of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Cite ‘Unborn Babies’ | Michael Stone

The so called "pro-life" people never acknowledge that carrying a pregnancy to rull term is riskier to the life of the than to have an abortion. Also, once the virth takes place, they suddenly lose all concern for the life of the child. They are only concerned about fetuses, because it requires mo real effort or sacrifice on their part to do so and it lets them feel morally smug. About 20 year after abortions became legal the violent crime rate dropped drastically, because unwanted children didn't grow up and act out. There is a price to force unwanted children into the world and then to lose all concern for their well beign once they are out of the womb.

snytiger6 9 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know some really far right wing people, and they are not celebrating RBG's death. They are happy to see a Supreme Court opening, but not at the expense of death, which everyone I know, including them does not take lightly.

I would not even worry about any challenges to Roe v. Wade. Even when Kavanaugh was confirmed, they refused to take up any new challenges to it.

Let's hope that continues.

@snytiger6 Fingers crossed

Even if Roe is ever overturned, it only means the issue goes back to the states, which will then enact anti abortion laws and pro abortion laws as they see fit

Roman Catholic Morality on Fallopian Tubes

An ectopic pregnancy, in which a fertilized egg accidentally gets "stuck" in a fallopian tube, can result in a ruptured tube and kill the pregnant woman.

There are a couple of different ways to protect the woman's life by surgery. The tube containing the pregnancy can be surgically removed. Or the tube can be left in but opened up, the pregnancy removed, and the tube sewn up.

Which method is better? Either way, the fertilized egg comes out -- and dies. But if the woman keeps the tube, she may be able to keep her full fertility.

But what did Catholic ethicists say? They said only the first method, removing the fallopian tube, should be used. Why? Because saving the tube and removing only the pregnancy is a "direct assault" on the fertilized egg. The fact that the woman will unnecessarily lose a tube doesn't matter, according to their thinking.

"Pro-life"??? If the embryo is more important than the woman carrying it, then "pro-embryo" is the accurate term.

Developmentally, a newborn baby is much closer to an octogenarian than it is to an embryo. So, calling an embryo a "child" makes practically the same sense as calling an embryo a "teenager."

Portraying an embryo or fetus as a child wraps it in the emotional significance of a child. Why not call an embryo an embryo and a fetus a fetus? Maybe because "It's a fetus, not a choice" doesn't have the same punch on a bumper sticker. Or because "embryo killers" doesn't have the same shock value.

Nobody dies in an abortion. Clumps of cells aren't babies. The whole anti-abortion scam is a money making scheme by the Jeezus dealers.

I can only imagine the amount of rage that most unwanted kids feel by the time they grow up, esp. males. No doubt they can sense that they were not wanted by their parent or parents, and that would undoubtedly explain at least some violent criminals, esp. serial killers.

About 18-20 years after abortion became legal, there was a sudden and dramatic drop in violent crime in th e1990's. So, you are coorect in your suppositi8os.

Roe v Wade is a judicial decision. If Biden wins and the Dems win the Senate as well as the house, Congress can pass a law authorizing abortion and Biden can sign it into law.

There woudl be a backlash, but yes, it could be done.

Traditionally, "Family Law" was left up to the individual states, so you would have people crying out "state's rights" in addition to the pro-life crowd.

@snytiger6 I think people are realizing that abortion needs to be protected.

Anybody who speaks of "unborn babies" is suffering from a disastrous failure of cognition. Those who celebrate the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg are suffering from a disastrous failure of humanity.

Of course they are. Very few of us are heroes to everyone. The so-called Pro-Lifers feel she was helping kill God's souls (as if souls could die) and I get that. I would remind them that neither God nor Jesus mentions a fetus as having life. In fact, 15 Biblical versus point to First Breath as the beginning of life. Second, it took God 87 years to extract punishment of death or, even, a hard life upon her. If she was such an offensive creature to God then what was the delay? These are the type of questions I would pursue.

Yes, I often point out to them that the bible defines life as beginning with the first breath. They of course ignore what the bible says and go on hating.

Fanatics.

I really miss George Carlin

Yep, pro-lifers are disgusting.

Never call them pro life. They are pro forced birthers. They are ALL hypocrites!

@Redheadedgammy Probably inbreds also!!

I guess that means we are entitled to celebrate Trump's death whenever it may occur in the future. I know I celebrated both the deaths of Reagan and Thatcher, two of the most evil leaders in my lifetime. I also look forward to the death of Dick Cheney.

What about the death of the most prolific mass murderer of all time: Mother Teresa?

They care about children up until the day they're born. After that they couldn't care less.

Yup, they have a perverse worship of the womb as something superior to life after the womb.

I try to avoid people who are the 3 RS
Religious
Right-wing
Racist.
Most people usually have all three.

Unfortunately you are describing most Americans, esp. those living in the South or Midwest. I also see that, like me, you are living in the midst of them. And to think that people ask me why I feel so alienated most of the time....

@TomMcGiverin My friend it is better to be hated for being who you are than to be liked for what your not.

Nailed it.

@SeaRay215ex Thank you. That's how I've felt after becoming an educated young adult. Like me or hate me, you will always know who I really am. I've also been told I would rather be hassled than ignored, but I'm not as sure I agree with that judgement.

I don't think mos p eple are all three. However, if you are religious you have a retty good chance of beign the other two.

They're all fucking hypocrites.
Every last damned one of them.
I do not respect them, or their bullshit beliefs.

At least their numbers are going down.

@SeaRay215ex Not nearly fast enough.

@KKGator too many christians-- not enough lions

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:535722
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.