Agnostic.com

7 0

Has anyone among y'all actually ever converted a believer into an agnostic/atheist? Is it even possible? All atheists I know of, were already non believers by the time we met.

naughtyxavi 4 Nov 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't understand how to externally convert somebody, most people I know that converted, did it on their own. You should offer support and answers, if asked. Knowing that there are many people who have been through it, will make it easier.

It may be a process for some people
we inherited from older family some customs but i will think that many believers did have doubts but not many have confidence to challenge the absurds and they will not free themselves because of it

No one is "converted". Becoming an atheist is a choice one makes for himself or herself.

I don't know that I have but I do know I have influenced the thinking of some people. I know a former minister who has deconverted and written several books who has received thank you letters from people he has influenced to leave the church and belief. So, it is possible though I think it's a long process and seldom, if ever, comes about in a single eureka moment.

No i haven't. I do not want to convert a person. People use excuses for the crazy stuff they do. I do not want to be their excuse. They may see me. Come to know me. Want to be like me. make their own choice. the decision becomes theirs. Its better to accept then to be submissive.

never tried

I don't ever try to convert anybody. I always encourage people to practice critical thinking skills and to always question their own beliefs. And that applies whether they're a believer or not.

Cool!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.