Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK ‘Sledgehammer to permanently silence opposing voices’: Outrage over Florida Gov. DeSantis’ proposed anti-protest bill Published 6 hours ago on September 22, 2020 By Common Dreams

Basically a license to kill BLM protesters and those protestign for racial justice.

From the article...

The “Combatting Violence, Disorder, and Looting and Law Enforcement Protection Act” would make it a felony to “obstruct traffic during an unpermitted protest,” while absolving motorists of liability for “injury or death caused if fleeing for safety from a mob.” It would also make it a felony for anyone gathered in a group of seven or more people “to cause damage to property or injury to other persons,” or to “destroy public property” or topple monuments. Jailed protesters will not be granted bail until at least their first court

snytiger6 9 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

donate to the ACLU NOW!

"Protests" do not include arson, looting, vandalism, nor murder.

How would you describe The Boston Tea Party? It was basically looting and vandalism.

As for the protests, 95% of them have been peaceful. As for the others, try googling "white supremacists infiltrate protests" and you will see a good deal of the violence and destruction are instigated by agitators who infiltrated the protests to start violence and discredit the cause of racial equality.

It is a long held strategy of the right wing, as that strategy was also used to quell the rise of the labor movement int eh early to mid 20th Century.

This article is quite misleading. All it primarily does is levy stiffer punishments on rioters, looters, brigands, etc. Read the actual bill

Wake up!!!

The civil war is on, you just do not recognize the signs!!!

trump the obstructionist republican fascists, their police, their supported and paid for militias along with their death cult followers are starting to monitor voting polling locations, by yelling, screaming, and forming lines to stop and push from voters!!!

These fascists and their cult followers will do anything to stay power!!!

More and more like Nazi Germany everyday!!!

This how Hitler and the NAZI’s took over Germany by creating laws to be used against anyone or any group that does not agree with them!!!

By controlling the National and local police, the courts on state and federal levels!!!

We all know how that turn out!!!

Hopefully the FFRF will take it to court if it becomes law.

I think you may man the ACLU, as it is a matter of supressing free speech. FFRF only deals with religious freedoms

Desantis is another wannabe fascist dictator.
Watch other states try to move this type of bill through, even if Florida isn't successful with it.

Watch 45 endorse it and encourage other states to do the same.

DiSanis is so bad that, even in state where Republicans are strong, he will be a one-term governor.

Gosh, I hope you’re right.

A little bit biased:
[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

Are you sure your "fact checker" isn't biased?

@HumanistJohn All of the fact checkers are somewhat biased.

The wording of the bill is quite clear.
It is a blatant effort to quash most, if not all, forms of organized protests.
That is why it includes RICO applications.

People should be very concerned by Desantis and Florida's Republican legislators move against the First Amendment.

@PBuck0145 No, they aren't. Most legitimate fact checkers tend to verify facts which have been previously verified.

The left tends to base its policies on verified facts, which means when the media reports verified facts it appears like they are biased, when they are just reporting verified facts.

The right tends to promote fslsehoods and fear in order to consolidate power. Trump is th personification of what the right has always done. Lie, promote falsehoods, ramp up fear and mischaracterize the other side. A prime example of falsehoods promoted by the right is "trickle down economics", where they promised tax cuts for the rich woudl benefit everyobody because the money would trickle down. The reality was the only thing that ever really trickled down to the woeking person was the tax burden the rich no longer are paying. The right embraces religion because they use the tools of religion which people are conditioned to react to to manipulate people through fear, guilt and shame into supporting them.

The site you recommended states flat out that the media is biased to the left, which immediately makes me question if they are actually propagandists masquerading as fact checkers.

@snytiger6 Would you be interested in some waterfront property in Death Valley?

@PBuck0145 My fact checking sources tell me that there is no waterfront property in Death Valley. Perhaps your fact checking sources aren't really doing their job?

@snytiger6 Some people are capable of independent thought and analysis. Others rely on fact checking sites.

@PBuck0145 My previous response was meant as sarcasm, but Oh well.

I grew up in California, and have been to Death Valley. So, I wasn't being serious and my general knowledge from personal experience was enough and I didn't need to verify anything.. I assumed you were joking with your previous remark. I guess maybe I was wrong?

@snytiger6 My sympathies. Maybe after the 2020 election all the states will be like California.

Edit:
BTW, you missed a golden opportunity to call me out on hypocrisy. My original comment cited a fact checking site.

@PBuck0145 I realized that, but I thought I already addressed that "fact checking" site is a previous response. I don't like repeating myself, If a person didn't listen the first time, there's not much sense in repeating it. people who don't listen the first time, aren't likely to listen the second time around. I saw the site you referred to as a propagandists site, masquerading as a fact checking site. I still stand by that. To argue your reference to a fact checking site in a previous post, could have been taken as an acknowledgement that the site you referred to was actually a fact checking site, but it really isn't/wasn't.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:536611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.