Agnostic.com

13 1

What's a song that either gets you up and dancing or has you harmonizing along with it?

bleurowz 8 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would have to say the meat loaf song pardise by the dash board light back in the day when that somg came on my ex wife and myself would trade verses in singing it to one another.

Love it. Bat Out Of Hell too!

Well I sing along to this, it gets me up to turn the radio up as loud as it will go and I get to have a go on my air guitar so don't know if it counts......but what the hell!

Air guitar ABSOLUTELY counts!

Almost any John Prine song; for example listen to "We Are The Lonely". It's a lively, and a cleverly written tune. The album is titled 'Fair & Square'. I hope for some Prine followers, for comments.

I harmonize any and every time with Sam Cooke and The Avett Brothers. But there's so, so many others: Head and The Heart, Elephant Revival, My Bubba, Temptations, Otis Redding just to name a few. Music is breath and without it I'd be nothing at all! Dancing though? In private I'm dope and I like to get down sometime...in public I like to hold up the wall!

I know I am weird and don't mind admitting it but the final movement to Beethoven's ninth gets me going. I have had several experiences with that piece including watching the Berlin wall fall while this music was played, for one. The vocals to Finlandia (it has to have the words) get me going (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE0RbPsC9uE just watching, hearing this to preview got me going. The vocals start at 5 mins.). It is funny, though, to see the Finnish national anthem being played with British flags in the background). I did not know the words and, through this question, now I do and feel even closer to this piece:
Finland, behold, thy daylight now is dawning
The threat of night has now been driven away
The skylark calls across the light of morning
The blue of heaven lets it have its way
And now the day the powers of night is scorning:
Thy daylight dawns, O Finland of ours!

Finland, arise, and raise towards the highest
Thy head now crowned with mighty memory
Finland, arise, for to the world thou criest
That thou hast thrown off thy slavery
Beneath oppression's yoke thou never liest
Thy morning's come, O Finland of ours!

Thank you for allowing me to post this, it made my morning!

Wow. Thank you for this. This is absolutely brilliant and beautiful! That's how an anthem should be done!
The first movement of Beethoven's piano sonata no. 32 reflects my mind. 'Death and The Maiden' really gets me as well

Way too many to single out one.

Dance The Night Away by Van Halen.

Dancing is not my thing, but after just a few bars of Hush by Deep Purple, I find it impossible to sit still 🙂

Superstition by Stevie Wonder, Piano Man by Billy Joel, anything by the Beatles....

As of late: Supertzar.

Many: "Under the boardwalk, Cambalache (Spanish / tango), Cielito Lindo, Guantanamera, Girls just want to have fun, Time to say Good Bye, O mio babbino caro, Nessum Dorma..."

Anything Motown, Santana, James Brown, etc.

Street fighting man

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.