Agnostic.com

32 34

And how exactly do you know this, dear believer?

VictoriaNotes 9 Apr 9

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its just silly. ALL of it.

Indeed.

Another Classic.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

LOL -- now I have to share this: 😀

A pentecostal woman I dated told me something that was very insightful. It was accidentally insightful, a slip of the tongue, but here it is:

"Faith is believing what isn't true." 'Nuff said!

Mark Twain said that first.

Yeah, Mark Twain, but as always he said it better: "Faith is believ'n what you know ain't so."

Faith is the reason you give when you don't have a good reason -Matt Dillahunty

@BrightTyger979 I like that too.

@DaveSchumacher Not many of us can top Mark Twain.

In my prosaic world Mark Twain is the greatest American author ever.

Sounds like gossip.

That sounds ridiculous, but it's not as scary as, "God told me."

JimG Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

I'm lost lol.

Or my favorite "I know it in my heart"

Sound like gossip. 🙂

Betty Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

A paradox theses aimless thoughts are interesting in the fact they apply to nothing. I have seen someone work and get nothing done was a curiosity to watching a live paradox.

Doo dah! Doo Dah!

Phin Level 6 Apr 9, 2018

It's true, because I just FEEL it is. LOL

As someone with schizophrenia I can tell you just because you feel something is true doesn't mean it is lol

Bahaha! It's all hearsay and inadmissible in my court.

It MUST be true!

skado Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

I got dizzy just reading that! lol

balou Level 8 Apr 9, 2018

Sooo.... that makes it ok? It's funny how we're suppose to accept crap like this because it's been human approved. Hmmm... what's funny is how i accepted it without asking the questions I wanted to ask. I needed acceptance and I just said ok. I needed others approval by showing up and doing their thing. I'm guilty, but now I'm free.

Such profound logic. I must ponder this.

So then exactly its heresay

Critical grapevine reasoning, a couple slices of bread, and some peanut butter makes a great non-sequiter sandwich for Jesus.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 9, 2018

Brilliant point. 😀😀😀

Nah! There is more chance of Alice, Humpty Dumpty, Red Queen and Bandersnatch turning up for tea this evening.

And this is how religion works.

Oddly enough, and although I'm not a communications scientist (although I play one in my office) this looks like there may have been a simple message that got run through a long game of telephone.

So straight from the horse's mouth then?

hearsay...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:53766
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.