Agnostic.com

7 10

LINK The Winding Road From Coal To Code

The coal-industry will die a natural death...soon...and, that is not a political statement. Just as there aren't that many carriage-makers anymore (because of the automobile industry), soon and very soon, greener energy sources WILL make coal a thing of the past. This article is about how some non-profits in West Virginia are trying to retool out-of-work miners...so that miners can continue earning a living while the mining industry dies a natural death.

Green_Soldier71 7 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The issue with writing code is just like the issue with becoming a paperback writer, if you aren't interested in reading then there's little chance you'll master it. The trick is to get minors (literal and figurative) to be interested in something other than a paycheck that they're willing to spend the better part of their lives in a dangerous hole to get.

Well the Australian government are doing it hardest to sell coal, mainly to Asia.

When you go and meet these black lungs in the Trump and Coal country, they love the jobs.

West Virginia has been on a 50 Years downwards spiral and much of that was driven by the turning away from Coal . I grew up there and was educated there and still Love my birth State but left for good 33 Years ago ( the best move that I ever made ) . Sadly WV has gone Totally Right Wing Nut Job Crazy and Republiturds are driving this beautiful state into the Ground . These people trying to hang onto Coal are preventing them moving into the Future . The WV Mountains would be Perfect for Wind and Solar but they have literally passed laws to STOP these industries of the Future ! I see No improvement in my Lifetime .

GEGR Level 7 Sep 28, 2020

Evangelicals are stuck in the Stone Age. Is is any wonder Bible Belt states are the poorest in the US?

Yes. Let's go green! 😀

Im originally from West Virginia...coal has been dead for a long time..re education is the key...and a marginalization of the fossil fuel industry

Coal Mining started to Die in the mid '70's . The beginning of the end started with the Development of The Long Wall Continuous Miner .

that was on track in the USA but trump promised to renew coal so the miners wouldn't even try to be retrained

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:538448
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.