Agnostic.com

9 4

Question on The Lincoln Project

What are your thoughts on The Lincoln Project?
[en.wikipedia.org]

Hages 7 Sep 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Right now, their help is good, as soon as the immediate threat to them is gone, they will turn their well oiled machine to the favorite GOP objectives, the courts, privatizing social security, and medicare, eliminating social welfare programs and reducing the tax bite on the very rich.

Keep up the good work

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 29, 2020

Republican push-back(scathing)to the anointed Dear Leader is significant and unprecedented. We welcome their support and look forward to their resumption of opposition status.

It may be late but at least those republicans are trying. Unlike the McConnells of the party.

It may.. or may not work... but It is again.. bringing us down to level that we may not want to go to.

Great ads.

I love what they are doing. They may be a force that drags the Republican party back to decency and honesty.

They will help us defeat Trump but the GOP's xian fascists far outnumber them..

The GOP's problem began circa 1960 when its far right Birchers and mid-western conservatives started expelling moderates.

To replace the moderates, the GOP recruited the racist Dixiecrats in the late 1960s and then the evangelicals in the 1980s? How will the Lincoln Project folk dealt with them?

If those moderate Republicans who joined the Democratic Party return to the GOP, the Dems may swing leftward and more progressive.

@yvilletom We can blame the Deep south for the swing in the 1960s. With the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, the southerners looked to the Republican party for a new home for their racism, and were gladly accepted. That racism and racism has infected the Republican party ever since.

They're so very good at what they do....I"m glad they're "on our side" and would hate to face them if they weren't. Wouldn't you?

What is sickening is that we have faced them, and they ‘won.’ It’s why we’re in the mess we are.. But they at least had a limit, reached it, and for the betterment of the nation, are attempting to put a stop to it 😕

After listening to a good, long podcast ...I believe it was Al Franken’s (my current favorite), interviewing the guy having begun it, I’m OK with it. He’d remained a Republican far longer than I had, but he’d been making big money doing their dirty work. Sounds as though he’s come clean, or is in the process.

Varn Level 8 Sep 29, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:538744
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.