Agnostic.com

19 3

What seemingly insignificant decision has had a massive impact on your life?

Mea 7 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Deciding to go to Vancouver at Easter in 2016

In early 1992, I agreed to go to dinner with a guy that I didn't even like. I was far away from home for the first time and lonely. Fast forward to May 1993...I became a mother. Changed the course of my life forever. My original plan didn't include marriage and children.

Lani Level 5 Apr 10, 2018

Going to Burning Man led to me deciding to learn to juggle and I met my best client through the juggle club.

Lauxa Level 5 Apr 10, 2018

I ate a grey M&M once, it tasted just like the others. I failed to read the package.
It was worth 1 million dollars.

Lols, really? that's mad! Poor chap.

The best part of it I just returned from Germany to the states and I was literally homeless at the time.

'Fancy a drink?' What a f---ing string of insanity that started!

All of them! It is amazing to me how my life is such a string of tiny circumstances and details that have and continue to create me and stun me on the way.

Me and my brother moving to Austin in the 70's. We would have never had a career in music if we had not made that move. It would probably have never entered our minds that we could do that.

After being a serial dater for 10 or so years, I went out with a fellow for a drink the day before New Years Eve 2015. He invited me to his New Years Eve party the next night. I went... and we’re still together.

Not going to college right away as soon as I graduated from high school. And just not getting a degree in general.

I turned down an offer to go for Navy Nuke back in the day. Ended up joining the military two years later... If I'd gone that route, I'd've been in the military a lot longer, probably would've seen more of the world (rather than just Europe and the North Americas)... and likely would not have met my wife. I would NOT go back and change that decision but I often review it and... ponder the consequences.

Going to Las Vegas in 2003 for fun and taking in some magic shows. I was hooked and now I am a professional children's magician.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 10, 2018

Put down AP chemistry as a second choice after a music class. Ended up in the Chem class... Let's just say my education and personal life have benefited greatly from that seemingly small shift in my path.

Left Colorado for California in '88. It was like I re-booted myself.

To leave everything and move to Thailand to teach.

To leave my homeland and move in UK

Where's your homeland?

@Fulishsage italy, Rome

Probably to accept my first real job on the other side of the country being totally on my own and not knowing a soul.

I decided to metal detect in my backyard, found a meteor. Realised geology was a thing and became one.

In my freshman year of high school, my dad told me to try out photography instead of going to electronics class. I have a degree in Photography now, but am very curious about what if I did electronics instead. I'm sure I would be wealthier.

Entering a poetry competition in my junior year of high school. It was a grade so I had to enter, but now I'm pursuing a writing career that I couldn't possibly have imagined beforehand.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54254
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.