Agnostic.com

10 0

When a friend is going through a difficult time many people say things like 'sending prayers, my thoughts and prayers are with you', etc. I'm always looking for a different way to express this without using the word prayers. I'll say, sending positive energy your way or thinking positive thoughts for you.

How do you express these sentiments?

BeeHappy 9 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m sorry you are going through this.

I always tell them I am thinking about them and offer to help if I can.

I never tell someone I'm praying for them. I used to wish them luck. But then again, is there such a thing as luck? I now just say, "I'm thinking of you."

I like to say, "You are in my thoughts. If there is anything I can do to help you please let me know."

Some great feedback! Thanks!

Always awkward to think of generalized statements, when each person has a specific situation, but a few ideas:

"I'll be thinking of you."
"Call me if there's something you think I can help with. If I can, I gladly will."
Or, "Wow! It's really rough, what you're going through. Hang in there, keep breathing, and be good to yourself during this time. You deserve it."

If they are far away I usually say. I'll keep you in my thought and I hope all goes well. If they are near I'll ask if I can help. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 27, 2017

"How can I help?"

I left one funeral early to go to sears with the last person to see a friend alive and we bought installed a car stereo in silence.

I ran out and bought a ton of 2 liters of soda because my friend's mother was having people over after the funeral.

These are things I have been thanked for years later and so those are words I use in every situation and I mean them.

I would say, "I feel for you. Please let me know if you would like to talk about it, or if you need a helping hand..:

Just by being physically present, when possible. Silence is golden and i believe the more that a person speaks the worse it is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5430
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.