Agnostic.com

8 3

Should you live for today?

What does that mean? Should you save for tomorrow?

BucketlistBob 8 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't do 'should's and oughts' I prefer to live my life in the moment of experience and not have too many ideas about what might be going to happen . I spent too much time fooling around in the garden today but I am not bothered I had a good time - being retired helps.

Thats what im talking about!

You should enjoy the moment you're in, and live like you will die tomorrow, but there are no guarantees. However, you should prepare for the future tomorrows by socking something away for retirement or a rainy day. Last week I'd have said I'm at peace if I go tomorrow, everyone knows how I feel about them, I am at peace with everyone. Well that didn't last long.

Uuummm, what else is there?

Security in retirement...

@Bucketlist Bob I have that as well...having a job & doing it, be it engineer or ditch digger, does not preclude enjoyment every day by seeing the beauty in a sunset or a beautiful meal served in a happy home. (Which I never had, btw, but got though it with sunsets)

Mostly yes

The fool does not save for tomorrow but you should live every day for it's fullest because you never know what lies around the cornner. Many get get caught up in the negative things of the day and do not make an effort to place them in perspective. What is the worse thing that could happen? Once they establish that they should be able to come up with alternatives and set the problems to rest instead of worring about them. I learned this to late in life and wish I had gained this knowledge earlier.

I learned how to fly a gyrocopter at 53 years old. I dis it for 8 years.

Good for you. We are taking our first hot air balloon ride in about three weeks.

Yesterday is a memory and tomorrow is a mental projection. Reflecting on some past occasion or event or some future occasion or event, happens in present time, how could it be otherwise?

Yes,For Tomorrow Might Be Shite! Scots Proverb.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 10, 2018

That's the way I've lived since beating cancer. One day at a time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:54434
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.