Agnostic.com

11 4

LINK CNN: How QAnon uses religion to lure unsuspecting Christians - CNN

Recently retired after serving as a Southern Baptist pastor for more than 20 years, his time was free and curiosity piqued.
"I started looking into it online," Neff said. "Doing some research."
And with that, the 66-year-old retiree, and soon his wife, Sharon, fell down one of the internet's most dangerous rabbit holes.

snytiger6 9 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, I have a bunch of used monuments for sale that represent a bunch of traffickers who fought a war to ensure enslavement of children and women by trafficking them in the southern states to other southern wealthy traffickers!

Qanon sure is misguided and 155 years too late!!!

Stupid people are easy to lure.

Too easy.

Mvtt Level 7 Oct 19, 2020

Are people so ignorant and uninformed that they don't recognize BS at face value. Unfortunately, people through the ages have reflected this amazing immaturity of mind. I never cease to be disappointed.

If you have ever known any “true believers” you will know why people believe this BS. They have given up any critical thinking and follow what sounds familiar to them ( the religious BS.) It truly is a lost cause trying to use reason with them. 😳

@Redheadedgammy Well, yes. I have known scores of true believers, some upper middle class university educated engineers, who support Trump. A first cousin who swears he is governed by facts and yet he is a catholic and I have seen him cross himself and take communion at his son's wedding where everyone in the church saw me in the first row refuse the priest. I have other friends, who are evangelical xtians, with whom I no longer speak and I was best man at there wedding. It all started when they shocked me back in 1980 with their support for Reagan. I understand their failure to use critical thinking, but they believe their own use of their own version of critical thinking leads them to jesus. I agree it is a lost cause.

Unfortunately it will always be this way. Perhaps this explains why Bible Belt states are the poorest in wealth and have the highest amounts of poverty.

A few researchers think q has its roots in hitlers nazi party...... Who knew?

It does in a sense because they both spread propaganda, lies and half truths.

Just not catholics, because that would be weird, pedophiles fucking with other pedophiles. Amazing!!!

QAnon is a discredited conspiracy theory. The deep state, however, is definitely a current problem.
On a related topic, why are the KKK and antisemites so comfortable with the Democrats?

Really, because they seem to be all in for Trump right now...

@JeffMurray You can't reasonably believe that, unless you are a post-modernist.

@PBuck0145 That's why all the white supremacist groups back Trump and his unwillingness to condemn them? Have any evidence besides conspiracy theories from Alex Jones?

Things change. In recent history, the KKK and anti-semites are more comfortable with republicans.

The democrats used to be the racists a long time ago, but then Truman desegregated the military, and later Johnson signed the civil rights bill, which left the racists disillusioned with democrats. The process of the democrats becoming anti-racist took a while.

So, Nixon implemented the "southern strategy" to pick up all the racists that the democrats abandoned. Since then the republicans have catered to the racists and the democrats have fought racism.

There were some democrats who refused to switch parties, but kept their racist views. They were called "blue dog democrats". They have pretty much all died off by now.

@snytiger6 So about 50 years ago?? What the fuck is PBuck taking about?

Democratic congresswomen bravely fighting antisemitism.
[en.wikipedia.org]

@PBuck0145 So women of color of minority religions running as Democrats, getting supported by the Democratic party and being elected by a democratic majority in various states is evidence of your claim how, exactly? I'm so glad you're a Canadian.

@JeffMurray I appreciate the validation!

QAnon or Q is junk and total nonsense. A person I know once told me that "Q" is general Kelly. Total horseshit. Trump would be more likely to fight for a secret sex cabal than against it. Kids are not sex slaves inside pizza parlors which have very small back rooms for employee breaks. Pizza parlors also do not have basements, so where are the kids? 5G cell towers being torn down and burned because they can be used to generate Corona fell by the wayside once American providers started using 5G. If these people like Q they must all love Alex Jones. (Jones BTW is a paid actor.) 🙂

Jackasses allow themselves to become brainwashed.

Just more faithfools doing stupid stuff.

Part of these people joining comes from their teachings which don't really follow the writings but push right wing, racist beliefs. They are the xtions we see today, hypocritical assholes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.