Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Karl Marx's Anti-Semitism - YouTube

Video from UK right-wing history Youtuber TIK arguing that Karl Marx was antisemitic.

Hages 7 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Marx was anti-semitic, as was common in his time and place.

I love Agatha Christie, but there is a lot of that in her works, unremarkable at that time.

Well that's odd. Marx was Jewish.

Karl was agnostic. His parents were Jews who converted to Christianity.

Isn't that confusing Jewish the racial group, with not following Judaism? His racial ancestry was Jewish, whatever his views on religion, with which I agree, not to mention a great deal of his social and economic philosophy, much of which is still very relevant to our times of toxic global capitalism.

Don't you think it's transparently deflective to be posting about mid 19th century anti-semitism during a desperate reelection bid by a fascist president?

Had a dumb guy working for me ten years ago. Asked him one day, "do you know who the Marx Brothers are"?
He says "they are communists"!
Stupid kids,,,,,,,,they're getting dumber by the minute.

@Hages Many of us studied Marx decades ago. His ideas are still relevant to the extent we can use them to improve our society. You, a conservative, refence his antisemitism as your election loss nears trying to draw some correlation between ideas from before the Civil War and the people who are going to your new government. You're not fooling anyone, you're just impugning your own credibility.

@Hages You are complicit in posting the video.

@Hages I don't want to make decisions for you, I want to help you understand the implications of your decisions.

@Hages What is the significance of Marx's alleged antisemitism today?

@Hages Even if that is true, and I'm not sure that it is, to focus on it while right here at home today bigotry in the forms of discrimination, hate and violence are being fanned by our our own president is in my view, in addition to being transparently defective, irresponsible. I've said my peace. Goodnight.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:544755
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.