Agnostic.com

18 15

I am FURIOUS. I live with my son and his GF. They went to a wedding a week and a half ago and I told them then that they shouldn't. There all day, lots of people, no masks. They got sick Sunday, she's now got a positive covid test and he just went to get one with no results back yet.

His excuse is they got it at work. Dude, you don't have any f'ing idea where you got it. Timing is right for the wedding that I told you not to go to.

I'm very high risk. I already have inflammation issues and I have had autoimmune issues my entire life.

I'll try to keep updates if anyone cares......

Larimar 8 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good luck to you! People can be such idiots-we're involved with about a dozen people in a fundraising program-all wear masks and social distance as much as possible and then one of them goes on vacation n Cancun and sends pics back of her maskless in a big maskless crowd.

I am so sorry and I know exactly how it feels to live in your room . I hope you do not have it and will watch for updates. I recently moved across the country to share a home with my adult twin daughters. They both work , one works two jobs and got a doctor note not to wear a mask. My other daughter went to a wedding and a funeral and they occasionally invite friends over. Ticking time bomb .
You have to feel so frustrated, scared and mad.
Keep us updated I care too.

This was a wedding that they went to!!!! eight days later.....they're infected...few after that I am.

Exactly the situation that all the careless ones are bringing home to others that are trying to do the right thing.
Dammit !

Take good care of yourself - hopefully you'll through ok ...

Well, head is raging, stomach is a mess, fatigue, other issues. Talked with doc this morning and she called again this afternoon. She only wants me to get a test if it becomes unmanageable but she's pretty sure I have it. I've been taking Vitamin D, C, and zinc...she says to continue but add C to the point of bowel tolerance. If coughing begins she'll add to the arsenal and wants a test then.. Monitoring BP and O2. She'll check back. Her main goal is to keep my viral load as low as possible as long as possible.

I'm worse than the two of them ever have been.

People might react differently if it were a real life monster like Godzilla! Actually, Godzilla might be less harmful than Covid-19.

Son's gf is a moron keep distance

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 22, 2020

Be extra careful and try to isolate from your son & gf. Do they live with you...you don’t say, but I do hope not. Take care and let us know how you are doing...we do care!

Yeah, we all share a house. I've been sequestering in my room for some months now and will continue.

@Larimar Take the best possible care of yourself.

Bloody thoughtless selfishness. If you don't already have it I hope you're able to self isolate and manage ok.

Sounds like they've screwed you. Are they trumpists?

I believe she is. She's uncharacteristically quiet whenever we discuss our shared hatred of the orange shitgibbon.

I’m hoping that they don’t live with you, and if they do you have enough room in your bedroom to self isolate in there.
All the best. Hope you have enough sanitizer, wearing a mask in the rest of the house might be a good idea too.
Our government are recommending the fresh air heating/ air con cycle, if you have the option, instead of reuse, at the moment.

Ah, have just read your posts below, very best wishes, here’s hoping they get through it without infecting you.

I care. I suffer from Crohn's disease.
An inflation of the bowl.
I’m 61, so I guess I’m an old crone for real.
I’m feeling my destiny is to become a crazy cat lady, or early organ donor.
I was always a loner, but the isolation is getting to be a bit much.

Bloody hell, 61, you poor old bag. 😄😄 I wish I was only 61. Hang in there willow, this place would be poorer for the lack of your commentary. I could imagine you as a crazy cat lady though 🤣🤣

I guess I'm a crazy old cat lady-one found me and I'm too soft hearted with animals to give her the boot after I found her dying in a snowbank. I'm also ancient at going on sixty. Definitely a "crone" since all the plumbing was removed a few years back.

@Larimar I need all my plumbing replaced with copper, they say copper systems require no maintenance and joint fittings won't break or pull apart...
If it were only that easy...

I hope you keep your son and his girlfriend distant from you until they are Covid-negative. From how you described them, it didn't sound like they had a good understanding of the risks they took and might create for vulnerable others. I hope you keep us informed about the situation .

I and my SO will attend a small outdoor wedding this Saturday. We will wear N-95 masks and sit distant from others. Since we are older than sixty, and both of us have inflammation conditions (I have an immune system flare-up currently), we will leave after the ceremony rather than stay for the reception. The wedding couple already visited us last weekend, so we feel okay about going home early.

Definitely do not risk yourselves anymore than necessary

Yes everyone please keep us all informed

It sounds like you are doing all the right things, under the circumstances, isolating as much as possible,. I agree that they likely contracted it during the wedding celebration, not work, since generally folks at a wedding are concerned with their looks for photos, fearing a mask messing up their makeup, plus eating and drinking in close proximity with others, while work places generally have some precautions in place.

(I perform weddings for a living, and I see a severe lack of health safety precautions, few masks especially for close group selfies and hugs and kisses between friends who haven't seen each other in a while.)

Nobody likes a "told you so" ending to a questionable lapse in safety or poor decision in not protecting you, by going to the wedding, hence their assertion they got it at work. It's probably best to leave the source a mystery, since everyone concerned likely secretly knows the wedding was a super spreader event.

Curious if they have contract tracers following up with any other cases coming out of the wedding? It would be their social responsibility to announce to all attending that they are positive, so if it turns out to have been a super spreader event, others can be notified to get tested.

Best you can do, if you've already been exposed, is to limit future exposure, so any viral load you may already won't increase from the source. Hopefully you have your own bathroom? Hopefully someone is wiping kitchen surfaces, door knobs, light switches, and your son and daughter-in-law are disposing of tissues carefully and washing hands frequently, for your benefit.

I'm older than you, and I believe I had covid earlier in the year, but was all by myself at home with no assistance for food and medication, so if you can get prepared just in case you get sick, it would be wise to do so. Hopefully with all the precautions you've taken, your viral load, if any, will be minimal, and you won't get too terribly sick. I had a 10 hour close exposure (sick seatmate on a plane, before masks and social distancing were a thing) and was sick for several weeks, but now months later, I'm healthy with no lasting effects that I've discovered except for my eyes are still a bit red.

For me the high fever and nausea, along with nearly the nearly constant need to cough, and severe lethargy was the worst, but I wish I had realized how loony I could get with a high fever, or I wouldn't have tried to communicate with people during that time, since I realize now how warped my mind was and the crazy things I was thinking and saying.

We unfortunately share a shower but my half bath limits that down. I may take fewer full showers and just sink it most the next couple of weeks. They did buy a ton of clorox wipes and bleach itself on their way back home. I told them how to make wipes themselves and instructed them not to go to the store again. We have instacart delivery available. SMH.

I'm glad you got through relatively unscathed. A friend in AR has permanent liver and kidney damage from her bout. We think my dad died from this in January. And a friend lost her 32 yr old son from Covid. 😟

I had a 104 plus fever once from a hole in my colon...you can get seriously out of your mind with that!

I'm remaining in my room, the door is blocked because of cat issues so only what can get around the top and sides...or shared heating/cooling system.

@Larimar

You are right. I'm sorry you are now at risk due to your son's recklessness. Your feelings are understandable.

I'm furious with my daughter, 30, because she won't be able to vote on Nov. 3. Dammit!

"I have too much going on," Claire complained. "I tried to register to vote online, but couldn't." Claire moved 12 times in ten years. Since she was 18, I have been a burr in her saddle about registering to vote. Each time, I sent her the link to register to vote.

But Claire changed her name after getting married in 2018. Now she's getting divorced.

Claire didn''t get her name change done with the WA State Dept. of Licensing and county Election Office. State and county offices have been closed during the pandemic.

Fudge!!! I'm really grateful that I had sent off for a mail in ballot using my autoimmune problems as an excuse. Already returned and I can see it being counted on the state website.

Claire is working on it....she's had a lot happen. Been there myself. Keep kicking her keister, though, mamma! It's our job!

@Larimar

Claire was busy with work and legal stuff today. My middle finger is twitching.

I care, In addition to all that you are already doing, be sure to get plenty of rest and get hydrated. Make sure you have tylenol.

I had just received a 500 ct bottle from amazon! like two weeks ago. I checked the date and it's thankfully good into early 2023. LOL Thanks!

@Larimar The latest update on immunity [sciencenews.org]

@glennlab Interesting article. Thanks.

I care, and would certainly appreciate the updates if you feel up to them.

I'm sorry they're deniers, and that they recklessly put you in harm's way. On the outside chance that you aren't yet infected, is there a way to isolate yourself from them in the house?

Been living in my room....best I've got at the moment. None of us have the funds for anything else and I would never endanger any of my friends, which I would be at this point in time.

I care. I am also furious. I want updates. I want to know if there's anything I can do to help you.

I don't know how old your son and his gf are but they are old enough to know better than this. To me the immediate issue is how are you going to stay safe living there? Is there anywhere else you can go at least temporarily?

I'm already exposed. She had chills Sunday night and it's days later now. I told her Sunday to go get a test. He's 32 and she's 29, they definitely should know better. I've been on them for months that they should even be wearing a mask around me but they won't at home, yada, yada. I suspect her of being a Trump idiot but she's never come right out and said anything.

I've lived in my room for months now with brief forays into the kitchen or garage when they weren't home to work on my son's car a little. I just needed something different. I walk the neighborhood once a day. The last month, I've worked from home. I'll go get tested tomorrow just in case they can do something if detected early. I've been loading up on Vitamin D, C, and zinc ahead of thing for a few months since my doc suggested it.

@Larimar You are on top of things to the greatest extent possible in a bad situation. Most people are not in the position to just get up and move but you may have some decisions to make if you are still negative. Also as I understand it, catching it once does not guarantee future immunuity. To me, it still seems like a live problem for you. It must feel overwhelming in your circumstances. I hope you will rely on us if we are if any assistance at all.

@Larimar I can't imagine how stressful this is for you. I think testing is good for your peace of mind one way or the other, and they can do something for you if it's caught early - if only that you won't have to wait for test results before they admit you for treatment.

It seems that the amount of exposure you have will impact how much you get sick, so extreme caution is still good to do. I hope your son and his GF stay pretty asymptomatic for their own good, and because it would be hard to resist the urge to help them out. Sending you so many hugs and much sympathy!

@Lauren I'm not going out of my room except for food. My door is blocked and I'm wearing my soap containers out. Four masks to cycle through and wash......

@Larimar Oh, fuck, I'm so sorry ...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.