Agnostic.com

14 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is akin to the "Discworld" police maxim that if you die by violence in "the Shades" area of the city by walking there alone late at night, your death will not be investigated, because you were not murdered, you effectively committed suicide.

Islam is a religious death cult!!!

Every Islamist has the right to kill, maim, lie to protect one another according to the Quran, Sura, and Sharia law.

They are taught that the Quran was written by uneducated prophet that could not read or write, yet was able to write the Quran!!!

When one religious group is so afraid of any other religious group they are always taught to destroy them at any cost!!!

Islam teaches the degradation of all females, animal abuse, pedophilia, slavery, patricide, murder of gay or trans individuals, stoning, beheading, and the dismemberment of anyone who does not follow or agree with their arbitrary beliefs and laws.

All of Islam is directed and controlled by a very small group of men who feel their were picked by their god to reign over humanity!!!

A fundamental principle of Islam apologetics: In any confrontation, the followers of "the prophet" are always the victims.

No shit, Sherlock!

I wrote a reply to this post the other day that included a video of a guy drawing a silly picture of Muhammed. It was juvenile but funny so I posted it then immediately thought it would probably upset people so I deleted it after about one minute.

Also he uploaded it about ten years ago and he's still alive and kicking so it can be done without ending in a decapitated body on the floor but why tempt fate?

For some it is always easier to blame the victim. The basis goes back so far in time and is so ingrained many think it really is a part of human nature. I think it is learned behavior. That is more a theory or feeling I have nothing I could site to back that up.

I cannot understand the mentality of anybody who engages in victim blaming.

@anglophone I'm with you on that.

No one has the right not to be offended. I wish a country would just bite the bullet and go on a saturation bombing of society and public space with such cartoons until an entire generation is over it as most American Christians are with the ten commandments. Oh they might pretend like they care but no one takes such claims seriously anymore.

For sure they get lip service but they have to endure and they participate in metric f**k tones of commandment breaking on a regular basis. So if they can get over it so can others. Like I said, might take a generation. People will certainly die over it along the way. But eventually it will not be as big a problem.

"No one has the right not to be offended." Exactly!

Edit: I would add that I have a duty to be offended when the likes of Abdoulakh Anzorov carry out such vile acts.

@anglophone I'm not sure I would call that being offended. More like outraged. He literally broke the law of the land. Maybe I should refine that a bit with "offended by acts of others that do not materially affect them".

Brave.
My previous housemates from Sydney, one Sunni and one Shia, explained that Mohammed was a lot like Jesus in that he was sick of people arguing and wanted peace and so he went up a mountain to ask their one god what to do.
A lot of Muslims it seems, like many Christians, are fundamentally opposed to their accepted Messiah’s message of peace and love. I’d suggest that this is probably for similar reasons: the confusion that the original Abrahamic text causes, (known by most Westerners as the Old Testament).
They probably should have chucked it in the bin, but it had a lot of history in it, allegedly. But then Mohammed did raise an army and seize Mecca, if my recent research is true...so we have mixed messages and a history of strident behaviour.

This is the kind of shit that happens when you have idiots who think that anything bad that happens to someone is some punishment ordained by their god against that person, when in reality, it is the result of behavior of the people who victimize others, so instead of blaming the badly behaving person for exploiting others, they blame the person who was victimized.

This goes all the way back to supposed advocates of free speech saying it was Salman Rushdie's own fault for having a fatwa put out on him when he wrote The Satanic Verses... by the Ayatollah Khomeini, who neither read nor knew anything about the novel other than being told it was "offensive to Islam". His publisher's agents in Norway, Japan, and other countries were attacked, some murdered, theoretically because they had some connection with the novel or knew his whereabouts.

French citizens abroad (and Europeans in general) were targeted because a newspaper printed cartoons depicting Mohammed- and along with the cartoons were three pictures of some bearded men wearing pig snouts, which actually had nothing to do with the newspaper, but were from a French feature on a local hog-calling contest. The newspaper itself was firebombed. People died. Again, the newspaper was blamed for its "insensitivity to Islam", rather than the murderous thugs being blamed for taking deadly offense at mere ink on paper. (And how did these pictures turn up in places like Ethiopia, along with French flags to burn during their protests?)

No belief is immune to criticism and analysis, and certainly none is immune to satire. Yet religion, as Douglas Adams observed, is placed in a mental box labeled "Do Not Touch". Religion is somehow considered off limits to moral criticism. We can criticize a politician all we want, but if someone is doing things in the name of their God- of whom we have no empirical evidence that they even exist, by the way- that's a special case and we should not only withhold judgment, but grant them special license to be outraged if their imaginary god is "insulted".

How fragile is God's ego supposed to be, that He (or His Prophet) can't stand seeing a cartoon, anyway?

Pointing out to violent Muslims that their god is a weak and puny god only enrages them even more.

@anglophone Nothing like finding that last nerve and sitting on it.

I got a sense of dread as I went to click the link and thought “what the hell am I doing? It’s a beheading for Christ sake!”
I’ve managed to avoid looking at it, ever.
Maybe if I had a job where it was my responsibility to investigate or something, typically involving pay, maybe.
I’ve seen enough horror in person to last a lifetime.
I helped dig out an orphanage after a big mudslide near Subic after a typhoon in 1978, the typhoon that caused my ship to leave me there to weather the storm alone.
So, Yeah I’ll pass.
Oh and they’re monsters for doing that.

I've forced myself to watch a few over the years. Fortunately they were mostly low quality or distant but I found it deeply and profoundly disturbing, even more so than the numerous videos of other executions or deaths I've seen in my time.

Not that I seek this stuff out but it boggles my mind what kind of mental state someone has to be in to literally hack off someone's head like that. Like the ethnic cleansing massacres where people are butchered with machetes. Not that the Western versions of these acts are any less morally repugnant - government sanctioned or otherwise (recent extrajudicial street executions in the US spring to mind).

However it is what must be going on in someone's head to just treat another life like a hunk of meat like that (and they are not even cannibals). Is their brain actual still functioning in anything close to "human" mode or have they actually just reverted to pure animal instincts and now treat others as ideological prey? Were they already like this before religion came along, or did it catalyze a change, or is "defending my snow flake god's honor" just a lazy excuse people give themselves?

@prometheus When you hear about British and American men that joined Isis and then played executioner, trust me, these men were that blood thirsty and cruel all along. It just took them awhile to figure out where to go so they could be themselves.

I expressed so much and got a warning from Facebook.

Do we really need facebook....

@Mvtt no probably not.

@Mvtt I use Facebook for political activism but there are other ways of doing it.

The better name for Facebook is Disgracebook. I don’t go near any of that trash including Twatter and whimpstagram.

Victim blaming... hummm I think women have some experience with that as well. I could be wrong...
but I'm not.

I have said time and time again... we won't solve these violence issues by the narrative focusing on the victims. People want to throw blame, if the narrative focus is on the victim then the victim will be the target of that blame. That's how victim blaming/shaming works.

Change the narrative focus to the criminals and then that behavior will get addressed.

Leelu Level 7 Oct 23, 2020

Sounds so simple, so logical. Thousands of years of thinking it's Eve's fault are so ingrained. The people who reject that thinking have always been taken down in one way or another.
Eve was the victim of a scam pure and simple. A literal snake oil salesman conned her. Hey, just another way to look at it.

Would it be offensive to have a cartoon of Abdoulakh Anzorov being controlled by Satan?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:545965
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.