Agnostic.com

11 9

LINK Pat Robertson Was Thrown By a Question About How We’re Not a “Christian Nation” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

During yesterday’s episode of The 700 Club, a viewer asked Pat Robertson about the Treaty of Tripoli. That’s the 1797 document signed by President John Adams (with the full support of the U.S. Senate) which said the U.S. government was “not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”

snytiger6 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whoa. I didnt know about this!

Im printing one out right now. Cant wait to bait my christian friends with it. Im gonna talk up john adam, get them to say he was a great man, founding father, an authority on the founding principles of America.

Then...did you know he also was a great statesman? Did a buncha treaties. His most famous one? Treaty of Tripoli of course. We all heard about the shores of, right? It's an amazing read. Here-read it. Note the eloquence, the sheer...no read this part...NO THIS PART...😈

Robertson only knows that which supports his twisted perspective, I'm sure.

This sounds about right for Robertson. My lifetime religious friend is also just about as dumb. He just does not get it that America is not a Christian nation. He also thinks it would be a "good idea" if they were. He simply cannot imagine that this would cause any trouble at all.
Back to Pat Robertson, I'm wondering how his diamond mines worked out. He used to pray very hard for god to give him those diamond mines.

I'm sure that was deleted from the standard history books used in schools.

Deleted? How about never made it into the books, in the first place.

I have never watched any religious show.

Citing a god or religion does not make it christian.

Just another Jesse Helms, Jerry Falwell, Jr. and Sr., Tammy Faye, Jimmy Swaggert. These are all lowlife pieces of Subhuman Garbage as far as I’m concerned.

As bad as these assholes are, again, it is the most stupid, ignorant, and gullible of all that got them to where they are in the first place.

He is an idiot. If it weren't for stupid people he would be a semi-successful used car salesman. We are not a country founded on the belief of HIS religion or any religion. The belief in a God or Gods is not necessarily inclusive of a following of a religion. I know several believers who are not religious. Religions are organizations and have nothing to do with ones personnel beliefs.

America is a secular nation. Originalists like Amy Coney Barrett will ignore that part of the intentions of our founding fathers.

Seidel's book is fantastic

twill Level 7 Oct 24, 2020

All the evangelicals are uneducated on the real history of the early US, or are lying hypocrites who know that most of the founding fathers were NOT xtion zealots at all and FAR from it. Adam's was an Unitarian.

Most of them are just that way on pretty much anything. Just look at their attitudes on public education or Higher Education or how they oppose taxes on just about everything.

I acknowledge Public Ed. And Universities have their faults, pros and cons. But to advance yourself financially and economically, some form of higher education or Tech School or BOCES Training is needed in today’s economy. Life is about choice........we choose our own paths.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.