Agnostic.com

5 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gotta get out there into the sunshine.

Sunshine has to reach your skin. Winter is starting in Nebraska, I don't expose skin from now until May, or maybe June. I will take supplements.

@HippieChick58 I live in Florida.....there are always days to expose my skin.

@nicknotes I would love Florida in the late fall/winter/ and early spring, the rest of the year the heat and humidity would kill me. My kids have all settled within 30 miles of where I live, I will stay here.

@HippieChick58 It is hot....but I love it

Why my doc started me on a minimum daily of 5000 IU in March

I've been taking a D supplement for years on the recommendation of my doctor. I wonder how many of those people were getting an annual check up that included a work up of their nutrient levels.

I take mine in the form of sardines on toast, entrecote steaks and boiled eggs with soldiers.

Interesting

Now that is interesting, because lack of vitamin D is also associated with winter.

And poor nutrition as can be found in our food deserts in impoverished areas.

@Willow_Wisp Leading to the inescapable conclusion that if the government invested in feeding people fresh, healthy foods, it would have a far more effective workforce, with lower medicaid costs, thus recouping the outlay.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547500
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.