Agnostic.com

9 20

I've always thought that the key to the existence of gods, was for humans to have an ultimate scapegoat , or a false comforter.

Just now, on the news , they spoke of an EMT that had lost his battle with Covid. Then, his wife speaking tearfully ... "I guess God needed him as an angel in heaven". (barf)

Selfish bastard of a god who takes away humans that could do a lot more good here - rather than "up there" sitting around playing the fucking harp !

evergreen 8 Oct 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It seems the Christian god is like the Greek gods in that they inflict pain on humans for theri own amusement... r

The wife is brainwashed, she needs to come on this and get enlightened

They are too entrenched and brainwashed in their ways fr that to happen.

This is their way of dealing with the grief. It is a lie but they clutch it because they can not deal with the reality.

I bumped into a friend who had just lost her mother (aged 98) she had cancer and was in considerable pain my friend is deeply catholic but all we talked about was how she was now out of pain and no longer suffering. I offered my sympathies for her loss and gave her a hug. (these days hugs are pretty important and that given we are told to socially distance) her mother died a few days before her 99th birthday. It is a different circumstances to losing a healthy young male to a disease but I know she will be praying for her mother and there will be a big church funeral. They will comfort themselves with the belief she is now in heaven with god.

Personally if there is a god it is a right royal bastard taking useful people and leaving behind the deadweights and nasty incompetent ones. A friend and I were talking last night and I said if I god exist then when I face him I would give him the finger tell him I have already been to hell and he can piss off.

The faithfools believe a lot of crap.

Theoasininities are so common among the believers that if their lips are moving, there is another theoasininity on the way.

Yes, but there is one problem here. Angels in heaven do not come from dead humans who lived on Earth. The bible is plain that Angels are created. Modern Evangelicals might be confused by a verse in Revelation 22:9 where the angel says he is a servant just like you and the prophets, etc. and therefore should not be worshiped. Believers think the Angel said he was once a man just like you, but that is not what was said at all. For some reason the religious think that their god makes dead humans (including babies) into heavenly Angels and tell this to the grieving possibly trying to comfort them. It has no comfort to me. It is almost sickening.

Almost? It is sickening.

Yeah, and their old saying " God needed another flower in his garden," so WHY doesn't this God merely call Interflora or even just do his magical bit and create more?

When parents lose a child and they are religious they say "Well, god needed an angel" Then you ask them "WHY didnt god just make another angel? Your response is the same as mine!

What ever they need to deal with it , can't expect everyone to see things the way we do .

Never said I did.

Maybe, that is simply because the Faithfools/God-mobsters can ONLY ever see what they are TOLD to see by their Tithe Collectors (Priests, etc, etc,)?

maybe satan needed his ass to fry, didn't she think of that?

oh no - perish the thought !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:548190
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.