Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK Chick-fil-A Told Us to Buy a Sandwich Sunday, When They Were Closed to Honor God | David Gee | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Chick-fil-A urged people to celebrate National Sandwich Day on Sunday by buying their favorite product… on the day the stores are closed to honor God.

snytiger6 9 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do I have to buy one of their sandwiches? I don't like them very much.

In keeping with christianity hypocrisy everywhere

Exactly

It's weird that a restaurant closes on Sunday, the one day most people like to frequent restaurants... Doesn't make sense, but then religion is involved.

The idea behind stores being closed on Sundays is to keep the sabbath, by not working on Sunday.

Never mind that the sabbath was originally on Saturday, the 7th day of the week. The Catholic church decided at some point to "put god first" and moved the sabbath to the first day of the week. So, Sunday is not the sabbath designated int eh bible.

@snytiger6 That sounds familiar, I believe it and am not surprised. When I was in college I studied a lot of things, philosophy being one, but I've forgotten more than I remember. My thing was learning enough to be able to decide about something then let it go. I had let go of religion before I went but college buttoned up a lot of things for me.

They probably out on the golf course on sundays.

Wouldn't give them my business any day of the week. Don't care if they're giving away food for free.

I ate there a couple times and thought the food was good, but stopped when I found out they're all pious and sanctimonious.

@AlbertSchepis I ate there a couple of times in the early 198/0's. I thought the food was just so so.

Anyway, that was long before I learned what they represent.

I've decided not to give them my business either

I never go there, Popeye's has a better chicken sandwich.

Never eat there or shop at Hobby Lobby.

Have never ate there. Dont plan to.

It really sucks that they are an above average restaurant. If they were crap like Papa John's or Jimmy John's no one would be sticking up for them lol.

I take exception to Papa Johns... I think they make a decent pizza, but I get your point.

@AlbertSchepis

One of my favorite jokes:

How do you spell mediocre?

J-I-M-M-Y J-O-H-N-S

It's all a matter of which calendar a person uses. They could have been closed on Saturday. God rested on the seventh day but nothing said that we had to. What day was it in Jesus' time? Let's go back to Genesis times. LOL

I avoid that absurd, homophobic, misogynistic chain like the coronavirus.

Stupid is a stupid does.

Clearly they didn't think that through.

That for the simple reason that they cannot think.

Last year's article. I've eaten Chik fil A because I had a stack of 50 coupons $2.99 for sandwich, waffle fries and a drink. $2 for breakfast biscuit hash and coffee. I ate there 3xa week for 6mo. It's good. I was poor and caring for my mom. I also figure all fast food companies are exploiters. Haven't eaten they since the coupons expired 7 years ago. I boycott. Don't care what day it is.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:549329
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.