Agnostic.com

9 8

LINK Researchers Have Once Again Found a Negative Correlation Between Religion and IQ | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Atheists love to pose this question as if the answer is meaningful: Is there a correlation between godlessness and intelligence?

snytiger6 9 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can you please update the link to this article. Patheos booted off their site all atheists who criticised religion (the stupid, intolerant pricks) so the article is no longer there, however the InternetArchive stored a copy of it via their WaybackMachine:
[web.archive.org]

i lived in the Deep South when schools were segregated, as well as water fountains, waiting rooms, etc.
Even at age 18, i noticed the whites had dead areas in their thinking as they had to spend Considerable time & energy denying the obvious, that blacks were exactly the same, and a lot of money went into these separate facilities, and enforcing them.
I think the same thing applies here.......

To me, critical thinking absolutely involves a higher level of intelligence. I wonder if there has been any correlation with tRump supporters and intelligence. I don't think we need a study to answer that one. When a person is dying from corona-virus yet still thinks it's a hoax is the highest level of stupidity.

And it TOOK that long for them to figure out something we, Atheists already knew?

That headline does not surprise me.

IQ is not that important if you don't know how to tie your shoe laces or balance a check book.

I know several people who can tie their shoes but are unable to balance a check book. They simply write even dollar amounts for all items. It works for them but I balance mine with a calculator and do it daily due to online banking. These others I mention are mostly religious but what it means is that they are just not good with check books. Maybe the wife or ex wife did all that for them before.

LOL, that could be the explanation as to why such a high percent of Faithfools ONLY wear shoes that have no laces, etc.

Maybe having a higher IQ just makes atheists more curious and less likely to take things at face value.

We we ARE those who take Free-Will and Free-Thinking to the newest of heights.

Silly question, there are many ignorant Atheists, just check out the conservative Atheist group!

In name only

Take someone who has lived all his life in the Amazon Jungle and take a university graduate and ask them to take an IQ test and see who fares well. Then take the university graduate and place him in the middle of the Amazon Jungle and let us see how he fares.

A late friend once defined intelligence as the ability to make appropriate value judgements in all circumstances. Personally, I think that an ability to improvise in many situations where something, tools or whatever is lacking and make the situation a success may be considered a good measure of practical intelligence.

However, none of this accounts for religious inclinations or beliefs. I do not think that intelligence is linked to religious beliefs or lack thereof. Even brilliant people can leave us wondering about their actions or lack of understanding in certain situations.

Intelligence I.Q. and Intellect are somewhat different but also somewhat similar in that it IS how you use them imo.
For example, Place a tourist from a city or a foreign land in the harsh, unforgiving environment of the Australian Out back, he /she may be a 'genius' in his/her own environment BUT are as dumb as brick when faced with what the Outback can and WILL do to you IF you know little or nothing about it.
there ARE many a prime example whose white, bleached bones are STILL laying out in Aussie Outback waiting to be found IF they are lucky.
The Explorers Burke and Wills learned their lesson the hard way did they not?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:553219
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.