Agnostic.com

6 0

I also use Slug.com

My profile on Slug.com

BrianFey 5 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

PS
Viva Estados Unidos de Mexico!

Don't!

Slugs, ugly on the inside as well as the outside.

Its an apply named place.

1of5 Level 8 Nov 20, 2020

I think it is healthy to be in forums in which you don't have cultural or philosophical agreement with others. Maybe not comfortable, but for me, I need to design new cultural systems which bring people together to make a better world. So I need to be in "bad places with bad people" which is kinda everywhere.

@BrianFey right. One need not look for bad people, so why bother? There's a difference between honest debate/exchange of ideas and fucking looney town, though. Unfortunately attention is all that's needed for the most corrupt ideas to gain credence and spread.

Satire and mockery exist for very sound, valid reasons - some things aren't even worth being seriously considered. Of course one must be aware of what passes for "policy" that others are espousing but once again, easy enough to find.

FULL DISCLAIMER: I live in #freedumb central so my views on exposure may be a touch slanted

@BrianFey You will burn out eventually talking to a wall of idiocracy.

@Mooolah

@1of5 I learned my lesson.

I was there for a bit, couldn't stomach all the racism there.

I think it is healthy to be in forums in which you don't have cultural or philosophical agreement with others. Maybe not comfortable, but for me, I need to design new cultural systems which bring people together to make a better world. So I need to be in "bad places with bad people" which is kinda everywhere.

@BrianFey Some people can take that, I can't just let these racist's say all the hate that they spew. To me it looks like you're experimenting with different views and some are extreme but I guess because I have been called racist name's and told I don't fit in because I am Mexican American, it hits a nerve in me, I don't let thing's like that slide. My fiancee has extreme hillbilly relatives and the thing's that they say are just so ignorant and hateful, I don't hold back, I tell them straight up, they shut up but then there's another day and another ignorant thing is said.

@MichelleGar1 I can appreciate that. I don't like to deal with assholes either.
I get plenty of shit for my demographic and would like one else to.
I wish you luck in your cultural struggles. I hope that when you have the option you can be nice and help people come out of their ignorance.
Maybe someday people won't care about the irrelevant differences and will just judge each other on their ethics and behavior.
I like to dream sometimes.

@MichelleGar1 Maybe you should come home.
This is where I live.
[quora.com]

@BrianFey I wish people would do just that, treat other's with no judgement or racism, I also dream of a world like that too. I live in a predominantly Hispanic city, but back when I was growing up it was different here, neighbor's would call us name's, this city has changed since then.

@BrianFey I'm back in my hometown, El Paso,TX. it's a boarder town with Juarez, Mexico. Some of my relatives live in Mexico, in little town's, I loved visiting them. I loved how they would barter with neighbors for breakfast and other things. Maybe I'll go see what your village one day. I can't right now, not because of covid but also my mom has cancer and I am her caregiver, that's the main reason why I came back.

It reeks of paranoia and racism over there but it’s not all darkness...

skado Level 9 Nov 20, 2020

@BrianFey
I agree.

Nothing to brag about......

Did you see bragging?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.